Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/9/2002 5:01:17 PM EDT
Alright, in spite of all the encouragement from the AK side, I ended up buying an EBR (evil black rifle). But, obviously, its a hybrid. It shoots really well. 1 Failure To Feed in 200 rounds (reload ammo). It feels like it's been waiting for me to pick it up since, .....ohhhhh, about a hundred years. Very smooth. It talks to me....

The receiver is a DPMS but the barrel says J&T 1-9. Its a 16" shorty, A2 style sights. Obviously its a kit gun.

I paid 750 for it. Deal? Or did I make the dude's yacht payment?

Its my first AR and damn, I like this a lot. This may end up being worse than the Olde Double Barrel addiction, or the "Wicked Tactical Handgun" thing.
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 5:08:00 PM EDT
You didnt make the Yacht payment, but you probably could have gotten the same gun, brand new, from a quality manufacturer like Bushmaster. If it is good to you, then so be it.
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 5:19:07 PM EDT
[blue][b] Hey Duck DPMS receivers are real nice. From what I've read around here J&T uppers are pretty good . Sounds like a nice toy. You can't do anything about what you paid for it , whether it was a good deal or not depends on who you ask and where they might be from . I've seen guns in one place sell for a higher price than another place. The important part is your happy with it, and we all know happiness is priceless . HaPpY HoLiDaYs [<|:D>] Jerry [/blue][/b]
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 6:31:20 PM EDT
J&T makes high quality kits that contain everything but a stripped lower receiver. Their 16" kits start at $435. The DPMS forged lower receiver costs anywhere between $100 and $175 depending on where you get it. Yes, you could have saved some money by building it yourself but you still have a solid rifle that will bring you many hours of shooting enjoyment. Panzer Out
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 1:25:25 PM EDT
[url=www.jtdistributing.com]J&T Distributing[/url]
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 9:44:06 AM EDT
What slidestop said. Shoot and enjoy. Sounds like the price was in the ballpark. There is a lot of variance out there.
Top Top