Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2002 5:58:44 AM EDT
Is there any way to determine if your barrel is chome lined or not.  I can't tell by just looking ..  It's an A2 Colt 1/7.  Thanks
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 6:20:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Have to you cleaned the barrel? If there is a lot of biuld up after shooting you cant see the chrome lining
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 6:21:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes I have cleaned it, but all my barrels shine like a mirror when they're clean, even shotguns.
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 6:29:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Depending on the make, but looking at my Bushmaster I can very clearly make out the chrome lining in the chamber, and then looking at the business end you can see a chrome circle where the chroming ends at the muzzle.
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 7:22:29 AM EDT
[#4]
If you have a Colt A2 barrel, as in it is a 20" barrel, machined down thinner under the handguards, and heavy in front of the sight, it should be chrome lined.
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 10:48:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes I have cleaned it, but all my barrels shine like a mirror when they're clean, even shotguns.
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 10:51:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Thank you for the answer on my 20" A2 barrel.  So it IS chrome lined. Ifeel better already....time for a drink..
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top