Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/30/2002 1:10:48 PM EDT
I know a fair amount about bolt guns and handguns, but I am new to AR-15s and would like to read up before I purchase. Can anyone help with some recommended books? I am primarily interested in a personal defense gun, not competition or extreme accuracy.

Any advice offered is greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 1:22:54 PM EDT
The Complete AR-15/M16 Sourcebook by Duncan Long is a really good one. I think it's been updated again recently. His AR15/M16 Super Systems is good too. The Marine's M16A2 Reference Manual is good for sighting information and how to clean and what not. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 1:29:43 PM EDT
BTW, the Marine manual is available as a PDF, so you can download and view at your convenience. If you can't locate it, send me a message or PM, and I'll Email it to you.
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 1:53:54 PM EDT
The Tactical Rifle by Gabe Suarez. Straightforward stuff. Gabe teaches in Texas a few times a year, check out the website Suarez International. For personal defense rifle I prefer A1 stock, lightweight barrel (govt profile or M4), M4 hanguards and tactical light. Thats all, nothing fancy. A little trigger work - there's a great trigger job on this site - and your good to go.
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 1:55:34 PM EDT
Most questions you will find on the AR15 can be asked here. You'll get interactive feedback, and personal opinions. Lasted up-to-date information about what ever it is you are having trouble with. But it's still fun to have the books to read.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 6:55:04 PM EDT
Just get a Colt! Welcome!
Top Top