Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/26/2002 7:46:16 PM EDT
Hello All,

Does anyone know of type/brand of paint that can be used to touch up scratches and nick's on Colt AR's? I'm specifically looking for something that matches the later (late 80's) colt dark grey. Thanks for any info.


Link Posted: 11/27/2002 10:59:56 PM EDT
IIRC, that's a baked phosphate finish. No such thing on the paint matching. You might e-mail Colt & see what they offer for a fix. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 11:09:36 PM EDT
Brownells TEFLON/MOLY Oven Cure Gun Finish part #083-048-808 DARK PARKERIZING GRAY is a real close color match for the early Colts. For touch ups on small nicks and scratches just spray a little into the cap and then apply with a small brush, toothpick or paper match.
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 9:13:38 AM EDT
Try Birchwood Casy "Aluminum Black" metal finish. Works just like gun blueing and touches up the Colt finish very well.
Top Top