Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/24/2002 12:38:41 PM EDT
Hey all,

I got approval from the wife to buy a stripped lower as an x-mas present.  I've narrowed my choices down to these two brands:

Rock River Arms
Eagle Arms

I'm leaning towards the Eagle Arms, for two reasons, one, I like armalite stuff, and two, there is a stocking dealer near me (Quantico Arms).  The RRA lower would require me to secure an FFL and arrange for transfer, but I understand that RRA stuff is very nice.

What do you more experienced folks think?

*I'm not really interested in a Bushmaster or Colt lower, too much money for me.  
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 12:45:07 PM EDT
[#1]
You might want to think about it a bit more before you commit.  

You see, you really DO get what you pay for.

If I were buying a new lower receiver, I'd buy another Bushmaster (and I would specify that it be BLACK, and not PURPLE!) and I'd know that I was getting the product that was closest to M16 mil-specs of ANY commercially available semi-auto lower receiver, bar none.

RRA has a good reputation, too, but I'd spring the extra bucks for the Bushmaster.   There's no better manufacturer if you want something that's to spec, fits, and functions like it's supposed to.

Heck, the difference in price is only a few boxes of ammo, anyway.

CJ

Link Posted: 11/24/2002 12:55:08 PM EDT
[#2]
*I'm not really interested in a Bushmaster or Colt lower, too much money for me.

I understand they are nice, but I'm on a budget, like I said.
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 1:08:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, if you're really not going to spring the extra few bucks,  then get the RRA, which has a good reputation.   Simple.

CJ
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 1:09:00 PM EDT
[#4]

If all you're buying is a stripped lower, it shouldn't make any difference which you get.  As far as saying one brand is closer to "mil-spec" than another, I think that's BS.  They'll all be built to the same dimensions, and they're all pretty much the same material (aluminum) ...unless you go with something exotic, which it doesn't appear you're going to do.  The only variable will be color, and since your biggest concern is price ...I say "who cares what color?"

Go with the Eagle Arms, it will be no less functional or reliable than any other brand.  Just don't skimp on the parts you put into it.
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 1:39:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Dave At QuanticoArms has been known to accept FFL shipments...The problem is when you tell him you want an RRA rather then an Eagle

Are you going to the swap and shoot 7 Dec...?
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 1:46:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Dave At QuanticoArms has been known to accept FFL shipments...The problem is when you tell him you want an RRA rather then an Eagle

View Quote

I thought about going to the swap/shoot, but the only firearm I own right now is a Walther PPK.  So I don't have much to swap or shoot at the moment.  :D
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 2:05:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

I thought about going to the swap/shoot, but the only firearm I own right now is a Walther PPK.  So I don't have much to swap or shoot at the moment.  :D
View Quote

Come anyway, if nothing else you may get a few folks to split Dave's 5/$550 stripped lowers deal...

and you can help me break in my 2 new ArmaLites.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top