Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/19/2002 4:26:01 PM EDT
I have a pretty low serial number Essential Arms AR-15. I was just trying to guage the year of manufacture. If anyone has any info on EA serial numbers and years, please post it or email it. If you have one and know the year of manufacture I would greatly appreciate you posting the number and year or emailing it to me. Many thanks, fq1234
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 3:52:06 PM EDT
I think that they went out of business in 1993. Not positive though.
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 4:23:42 PM EDT
I have heard the same thing but I have never heard anyone say what year they started manufacture. I have a 77XX serial number and would like to get some sort of idea what year it was made. Any help?
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 9:58:46 PM EDT
check SGN, they are back in business at least for parts... not sure if they are making receivers again
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 11:16:46 PM EDT
Old AR15.com [url]http://old.ar15.com/legal/serialNumberList.asp[/url] Essential Arms All are Pre-Ban as they went out of business in 1993. (DPMS bought them prior to the Ban) Call DPMS Lower receiver serial numbers begin with EA. Some or all lowers are cast. Light gray coloring. It is rumored that Ruger investment casted the lowers for Essential Arms.
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 4:36:29 AM EDT
USNJoe is correct on all points. All Essential Arms rx's preban. They never sold complete rifles, only kits. You could buy all parts necessary to build a rifle from Essential Arms / Essential Accessories EXCEPT barrels. They supplied aluminum CAR stocks to the rest of the industry. Their lowers were of high quality, though cast. Toward end of their manufacturing they began to finish some receivers in a black color, though most were the "original" gray color. They sold matching upper receivers, too. Their receivers were marked with the model number "J-15". Since they did not sell fully assembled rifles, you will see rifles of varying quality, depending on who assembled them and from what parts. Do not judge the Essential lower by what you see of the rest of the rifle.
Top Top