Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/16/2002 8:58:21 AM EDT
I have a question. I have a rra std a2 that I love. I now have a RRA lower that I am going to build up w/ a parts kit. I look around through snotgun news at all of the AR parts kits ads.

.. It seems to me that MANY of the parts kits are EXACTLY what is sold as complete rifles by a few compaines, specifically RRA!!!

Example: M&A parts ad, ALL of their 9mm upper stuff is the SAME AD as RRA!!! It is the same font! Same ad placement!!!

Example 2: Dalphon pistol caliber upper vs Olympic pistol caliber upper... same dang thing!

Example 3: I called RRA and ordered 2 empty lower receivers. "There is a 3 wk wait. They are currently out of stock"... WTF? Cast or forge more! (Ahhh,,, they DON'T roll their own!)

MANY compaines use "Wilson barrels". Who is wilson? Not wilson combat, I presume.

I'm not sure where I am going with this. It just seems like any "Brand loyalty" is loyalty to an assembly plant anymore.

Eagle arms is a company that bought the Armalite name and all the recigonition that comes with it. Now it sells Eagle arms ar's as a bargain rifle...

RRA, that has incredible quality, fit, accurtacy, and finish, seems to be an assembly plant. I am investigating whether or not their 2 stage trigger is their own or another aftermarket goodie...

Link Posted: 11/16/2002 1:59:20 PM EDT
[#1]
This him?

Quoted:
Who is wilson?

Link Posted: 11/16/2002 2:10:56 PM EDT
[#2]
No? Perhaps him then:
Link Posted: 11/16/2002 2:14:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I have often wondered the same thing about the group of AR dealers in the Illinios area (of which, RRA is one).

I honestly don't know, but I do know that many manufacturers use the same lowers from a major forge.  It is my understanding that Colt, Bushmaster, & RRA all use lower receivers from CM.  I'm sure there are others who do as well.  IIRC, only Armalite runs their own forge.
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 7:28:31 AM EDT
[#4]
yes, they use CM (continental Machine) lowers which is why i buy Century lowers. i get them for $90 and have the same qualty as RRA and Bushy. i buy and recomend JT kits because the shaw barrels have 5.56 militry chambers, they claim the lower parts are Colt. and if youve ever met the guys from JT they are just a class act. they really care about customer service. visit their table at a Gunshow and youll see what i mean.
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 5:52:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 6:06:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for clearing that up Troy.

'Preciate the pickup!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top