Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/15/2002 2:57:08 PM EDT
Over time, I want to build the ultimate AR collection.

I am looking to buy over time due to limited funds, probably one rifle a year.

Here's what I have:

Colt SP1
Colt Sporter HBAR
Colt Carbine
Eagle Arms EA-15 set up as "commando"
Post Ban Oly

Now I know the Oly post ban won't make an "ultimate collection" but I can always use it for tradin' purposes.

I was thinking of getting:

Colt Sporter Lightweight
Colt AR15A2
Colt Government Carbine

MAYBE:

Colt 9mm Carbine
Colt Sporter 7.62 x 39

What would you get to build the "ultimate collection"????

thanks for lookin'
colt
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 4:22:03 PM EDT
[#1]
To continue to build on my colt collection, my "ultimate" would be...of all things..........
..a Colt Carbine.  I'm still kicking myself for not scooping up the one that was for sale on this site about two or so months ago.  I am, however, off to a decent start, but have a long way to go, and many ARs to hunt down yet. But here's what I have so far:

1. Colt SP1 from 1966 (four digit ser.#8XXX).
2. Colt SP1, older model, still w/out FA & BD.
3. Colt SP1 carbine w/factory staked 2 pos. butt stock.
4. Colt SPII rifle
5. Colt SPII carbine
6. Colt Sporter Match HBar
7. Colt Sporter LightWeight in 7.62x39mm.

It took a while just to get these, and I still have yet to get a Gov't carbine (R6520), a Gov't model rifle (R6550???), maybe a Delt, and if God smiles upon me, maybe someday I will again come across the Tactical Carbine, and the Holy Grail (IMHO) of Colts, the Colt Carbine. Good luck and happy hunting....Cloak-
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 4:40:15 PM EDT
[#2]
You need a Government Profile.
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 7:34:15 PM EDT
[#3]
There is no such thing as completing an AR15 collection!!!
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 7:54:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks like a good start

but your missing a bushmaster
i wouldnt go with a stock one though go for a tricked out one m4 flat top with 14.5 barrel with per attached flash hider great show pc.
just because i dont see a bushmaster or m4 on your list kill 2 birds with one stone.

the colt carbine is a good as you get as far as having a carbine in the picture cant do much better than that except the mentioned holy grail tactical carbine. or white lable gov carbine.

if a Gov carbine look for the rarest of the them the great white lable meaning the one drilled for a front pivot detent minus the sear block.

the older the sp1 the better

i would recommend a couple in the other calibers also the 7.62 is cool but i own one to burn cheap ammo.

a couple others to look for like the nickle plated sp1 and the the preban vietnam comemortive with gold inlays or the colt in .222 (not .223 ) they are not too common

if you decide to get a oly concider a TBOR it was limited to 200 and made prior to the ban research olys web site for info on it

if its a collection try to get all of them with a box if possible and if buget affords it.

the colt 6700 is also a nice addition not too rare but id like to get  one as far a 20s go.
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 8:14:53 PM EDT
[#5]
You have to get a purple Bushmaster!
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 8:15:48 PM EDT
[#6]
You need some shrunken heads of prominent anti-gun Senators to round-off the collection.
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 8:20:28 PM EDT
[#7]
In KY I would suggest selling them all and get just one that runs the way it's supposed to.

Shit I gotta drive 850mile 1 way just to watch your KY boys have fun. You live right there and limit yourself.

myweb.cableone.net/uziforme/M16-9mm.WMV

www.machinegunshoot.com/
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 7:52:00 AM EDT
[#8]
there was a a real good guy i spoke with at the GA members shoot who had a rifle from every company that made them. thats a neat idea for a collection
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top