Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/14/2002 12:29:31 PM EDT
Anyone ever deal w/these folks?

How long did it take for your FFL to recieve your rifle?

Thanks

ww
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 10:35:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Young's Guns in Cookeville, TN?  I bought a Hi-Power from them a while back, they were ok.  No problems with anything.
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 10:51:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Is it the one in Texas ?

Link Posted: 11/15/2002 11:08:36 AM EDT
[#3]
The one in TN.
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 1:18:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Purchased a HK SL8-1 from them, they were professional and helpful with the purchase. They shipped fast and e-mailed me a tracking number, I was at the gunshop 5 minutes ahead of the gun.
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 1:26:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Appears they have some rifles in stock...But I don't know if mine (M1A) is 1 of them.

To speed things I asked them to sent it to someone whose FFL they already had on file.

I'm antsy to get it...
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 3:20:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I am awaiting a gun from them as we speak, a Colt AR-15. It SHOULD be here about any day...

The last gun I ordered from them was received in a fairly timely fashion although their communication can be slow to non-existent at times. They must do tremendous volume.

All in all, I wouldn't hesitate to do e-commerce with them. They have good access to guns and their pricing is generally very competitive. Sit tight, I think you'll be happy!

Link Posted: 11/15/2002 3:34:35 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I am awaiting a gun from them as we speak, a Colt AR-15. It SHOULD be here about any day...

The last gun I ordered from them was received in a fairly timely fashion although their communication can be slow to non-existent at times. They must do tremendous volume.

All in all, I wouldn't hesitate to do e-commerce with them. They have good access to guns and their pricing is generally very competitive. Sit tight, I think you'll be happy!

Thanks for the reply...you know what its like, waiting and no communication from them, inc. no tracking #...
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 12:35:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm Sitting tight but going into week #2  My Knuckles are blue from holding on...
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 12:38:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 12:44:46 PM EDT
[#10]
deja-post.

Took a month for a AR-10T but they had to ship it from a alternative warehouse or sumtin.......

You need to call them and remind them.
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 1:47:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
deja-post.

Took a month for a AR-10T but they had to ship it from a alternative warehouse or sumtin.......

You need to call them and remind them.
View Quote

I'm thinking they only buy the after they have a "Winner" in there "Auction"  No inventory but occasionally a po's buyer.
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 2:51:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Young's Inc are very well known on Gunbroker.com. I've heard many wonderful things about them through friends, and others online.

As for your question about the FFL. It all depends how well does your FFL works. My FFL would sent his FFL paper work before I even sent my payment, so I guess it's how soon can your FFL finish his paper work. However, it shouldn't take more then 2 weeks before you have the firearm.
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 3:30:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Young's Inc are very well known on Gunbroker.com. I've heard many wonderful things about them through friends, and others online.

As for your question about the FFL. It all depends how well does your FFL works. My FFL would sent his FFL paper work before I even sent my payment, so I guess it's how soon can your FFL finish his paper work. However, it shouldn't take more then 2 weeks before you have the firearm.
View Quote

Thanks for your input Sentra,

I used an FFL who was current and already on file w/Young's.

Still no traction on their part.
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 4:07:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Hmmm, I was considering ordering a rifle from them, but I'm much too impatient to have to wait weeks with no feedback from them...

Guess I'll look elsewhere!
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 4:16:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Double,

No Problem. If you like some other great seller, please let me know.

FJC,

May I suggest you this dealer? http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/SellerAuctions.asp?User=30898 They're very true to their words, and great transaction skills. I've personally dealt with them, and I couldn't be more happier. They sell their Bushmaster AR-15s in a fair price as well, cheaper than most I know of.
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 4:19:39 PM EDT
[#16]
good luck bud.
I know what it is like to jones for that new gun!!!!
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 4:31:46 PM EDT
[#17]
i dealt with a "steve" for the phone order. dont have a last name. he did try to expedite the order
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 4:35:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
good luck bud.
I know what it is like to jones for that new gun!!!!
View Quote

And it's PAID FOR!
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 4:37:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
i dealt with a "steve" for the phone order. dont have a last name. he did try to expedite the order
View Quote

I might call Steve this monday...
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 7:09:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
FJC,

May I suggest you this dealer? http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/SellerAuctions.asp?User=30898  
View Quote

Thanks, I'll check them out.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top