Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/1/2002 11:02:37 AM EDT
Range report on my RRA parts rifle built by Pete-in-NH and South African 5.56 X 45mm Ball
ammo.  

Pete built me a Post-ban Rock River Arms AR-15 A2 (fixed carrying handle) and A2 stock with a 16" M4 (non chromed) barrel with a, pressed on, fake A2 flash hider.  (Pete was great.  He worked with me through the entire purchase.  I want to thank Pete for the time he took to make my purchase an enjoyable one.)  I use G.I. issue 20 round and 30 round magazines.  I have to admit, I like the 20 rounders better.  

I have shot 450 rounds of Winchester .223 and 120 rounds of South African 5.56 X 45 Ball ammo in the rifle.  Both ,Winchester and South African, shoot very well.  I'm not marksman but can hit a man size target at a reasonable distance using stock sights.  I use the rifle for Friday morning outings at the range.  If needed, the rifle will be used for Close Quarters protection if needed.  

The rifle looks great and has works flawlessly.  Not even a burp.  Pull the trigger and it goes Boom.  The non-chrome barrel feeds great and ejects without a problem.  

The Winchester White box ammo is marked, Winchester USA Q3131 (5.56mm) and Winchester USA223R1VP (.223Rem).  Also Winchester White box Q3131A (5.56mm).  

The South African ammo Battle Packs were purchased from AMMOMAN.COM.  (Super fast delivery and no hidden surprises from Ammoman.  The price listed is what you pay, delivered).  The South African is marked, 30 RD, 5.56 X 45mm, Ball M1A3 with 385A86 on the other panel.  

The South African did not smell any worse than the Winchester.  I do have to admit, the South
African did make me sneeze.  I can live with a sneeze for the money savings.  

Thanks for reading my range report.  It may not have been real exciting but I did have fun.  

Link Posted: 11/1/2002 11:12:31 AM EDT
[#1]
bless you (for the sneeze)
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 11:24:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds good.  Next time just bring the handkerchief!
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 6:23:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Good choice of parts and supplier. Working with Pete is a nice experience.

Glad to hear that you are enjoying your new toy!!! and wellcome to the club; this is a nice place to hang around and learn a thing or two.

Now what configuration  do you have in mind for your second AR (and the third???)

BR
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 4:57:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Have fun with your new baby and please read and live by the "four rules of firearms handling" at the top of this forum.

BTW, save the Israeli made Q3131A for a rainy day. If the Demoncrats ever get a hold of the senate, house AND the white house then they will do every thing in their power to ban your rifle. If they cant get that done then they will try ban the importation of ammo.
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 5:38:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Glad it went well!

P.S. We all care

Link Posted: 11/2/2002 5:49:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 2:25:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Congrats!! . Another happy camper added to the ranks. Enjoy your new found friend . Let's us know how it groups with that ammo.

Safe Shooting

Jerry
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 12:23:06 AM EDT
[#8]
This is my fourth AR-15.  

Two Colt SP-1's, one 9mm L.E.O. and this Rock River Arms.  I still own one SP-1.  It's locked away and will be brought out of storage once a year.  Maybe on my birthday for a few rounds.  I do like to shoot the Rock River AR-15.  

I shoot without a rest or scope.  Standing using the stock sights.  I aim at center mass and do good hitting what I'm aiming at.  I really should try shooting from a rest and see how accurate the rifle really is.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top