Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2002 3:29:28 PM EDT
I am going to order a 14.5 inch preban upper from Bushmaster this week. Should I have them permanantly attach a Phantom, or should I wait to have this done by someone else? Also, is there a better alternative to the phantom, and if I ever wanted to put something different on the barrel after it was attached is that possible?
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 3:37:06 PM EDT
If you do get the Phantom, it can be removed, but it is not an easy task and needs to be done by a proffessional you knows what they are doing.

Phantom is among the best flash suppressors you can get, Vortex is the other. Vortex eliminates slightly more flash, but very slightly. If I were getting one direct from Bushmaster, I would probably just go with the Phantom. Then again, I already have a Vortex on my favorite rifle.

When I got my first preban, and I had to choose which it would be, I went with the Vortex. But that was back when Bushmaster sold the Vortex. Seriously, you will be well served with either.
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 3:43:54 PM EDT
Thanks new-arguy. I am wondering one more thing. I have a 20 inch preban upper right now and I like the fact that I can easily clean the carbon build-up off the muzzle. Any tips on doing this with the welded FS? Furthermore, does cleaning the muzzle even matter, or is it more damaging than good?
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 7:27:59 PM EDT
Top Top