Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/23/2002 10:58:04 AM EDT
I read all the different opinions as to what rifle, members suggest to other members for specific needs and what have you. I don't commonly see or ever remember anyone suggesting "buy a Knight's SR15", am I missing something here? I would like to be informed, as I know there are members out there to inform me. I have a SR15 Match rifle, but can't tell you how it performs, because it is NIB. I have never even taken the time to put optics on it.

Link Posted: 10/23/2002 4:35:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/23/2002 4:38:55 PM EDT by knightone]
The main problem with Knight's rifles (as well as Wilson Combat and Les Baer) is the price. $1500 and up is a lot to pay for a postban rifle. While i am sure that the quality of these products is superb, they really can't be that much better than a high end Bushmaster, Colt, Armalite, or Rock River. For as much as $700 less, you can get a comparable rifle. Once you have the rifle, you can accessorize from there . Knight's and Les Baer do come with Railed handguards, but these can be had for a great price if you search around the different dealers. The match trigger included in those rifles isn't worth the price either. A good match trigger can be had for between $100 to $200. The high price does not make the rifles a good value for the money in the long run. I did some research when I first started shopping for a postban rifle. I can put together a Rock River Arms AR package with all the features of a knight's M4 for between $1100 and $1200. I can get the exact parts I want and I can save a few bucks and get a rifle that is just as good if not better than the Knight's, the Wilson's, or the Les Baer's.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 5:12:01 PM EDT
I don't know where you're shopping, but if you're paying $1500 for a Knight's M4, you're getting taken. I got mine for $1250 after shopping around. The quality is unmatched, it comes with the facory-installed RAS, and excellent match trigger. The real reason I bought mine, however, is that I have heard from reliable sources that they will not be producing the SR-15 anymore because they are putting all their resources into military SR-25 contracts. That would make them collector's items. Here's a picture of mine, and yes, that is my basset hound Cameron in the picture:

Link Posted: 10/23/2002 5:46:15 PM EDT
They are not going to stop making the SR15.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 9:11:01 PM EDT
M4 RAS $300.00, 300M flip-up rear sight $125.00,
two-stage match tigger $250.00 for a total of $675.00. If you subtract that from the going price of $1395.00(CFI) that brings the price to $720.00, which is about right for a M4 ar-15.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 9:31:02 PM EDT
Alright, alright, i was wrong. For some reason i thought the price was higher (around $1600) than what it is. It is a good deal. I am not sure why more people don't just get one or reccomend them.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 9:33:19 PM EDT

Originally Posted By knightone:
The main problem with Knight's rifles (as well as Wilson Combat and Les Baer) is the price. $1500 and up is a lot to pay for a postban rifle. While i am sure that the quality of these products is superb, they really can't be that much better than a high end Bushmaster, Colt, Armalite, or Rock River. For as much as $700 less, you can get a comparable rifle. Once you have the rifle, you can accessorize from there . Knight's and Les Baer do come with Railed handguards, but these can be had for a great price if you search around the different dealers. The match trigger included in those rifles isn't worth the price either. A good match trigger can be had for between $100 to $200. The high price does not make the rifles a good value for the money in the long run. I did some research when I first started shopping for a postban rifle. I can put together a Rock River Arms AR package with all the features of a knight's M4 for between $1100 and $1200. I can get the exact parts I want and I can save a few bucks and get a rifle that is just as good if not better than the Knight's, the Wilson's, or the Les Baer's.

You get what you pay for. I have a KAC SR15 and it is worth every penny I paid for it.

I read all the different opinions as to what rifle, members suggest to other members for specific needs and what have you. I don't commonly see or ever remember anyone suggesting "buy a Knight's SR15", am I missing something here? I would like to be informed, as I know there are members out there to inform me. I have a SR15 Match rifle, but can't tell you how it performs, because it is NIB. I have never even taken the time to put optics on it.

Do yourself a great favor, shoot it! You will be glad you did.
Top Top