Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/16/2002 1:40:21 PM EDT
I'm looking for a shop that deals in stripped lowers at a reasonable price. A private transfer would be acceptable, also.
I work in the Cumming/Gainesville/Roswell area, but any surrounding area is fine. Thanks in advance for your help...
-Hobbit
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 3:21:56 PM EDT
Hobbit - you must've just missed the Eastman's gun show in Gainesville a couple of weeks ago.
I bought a full AR-15 there but the buys I bought it from had plenty of stripped lowers (Oly Arms) on the table. I don't believe there's another Eastman's show in GA this year.

You could check http://www.shotgunnews.com/fflguide/
and find a dealer that'll order one for you.

I live in Dahlonega, BTW.

You could also try Smokey Mountain Traders in Cleveland, GA. They're probably an hour from Cumming - maybe a little more.
They seem to really like AR-15's there. One of the guys behind the counter showed me his pre-ban that had a grenade launcher, collapsible stock, bayonet, laser, scope, etc... Seemed really heavy.

Link Posted: 10/16/2002 3:35:04 PM EDT
Hobbit, My address is on Buford Hwy right at the Chattahootchee river/Gwinnett County line. Go to Bull's Eye in Lawrenceville. With a couple of exceptions they are all good guys, have very reasonable prices, and have a number of Class III weapons for rent.
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 4:03:02 PM EDT
Thanks, guys-
I started looking on the Web for lowers to do a FFL transfer. I found a source that sold them for 109.00 (RRA Forged). It happened to be in Norcross, so I figured that I would just buy it at their storefront instead of transferring it to Cumming... but strangely, the price was $30.00 higher when I called.
I've been to a couple of Eastman shows in L'ville. I've found the quality of the booths is variable. I've never bought anything but ammo. How much do the lowers at the Eastman shows/local shops usually run?
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 5:34:16 AM EDT
I don't know how much the normally run, as I've only gotten into AR-15's within the last few weeks (when I bought it - learning as I go).
If I remember correctly, they wanted $125 for those lowers...but they seemed reluctantly willing to haggle.
They were based in Chickamauga, TN. I think I have their phone number at home so I'll post it later.
I seem to recall him saying that he comes to Atlanta a couple of times a week and was willing to meet me if I wanted to buy anything from him.

Top Top