Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/11/2002 2:02:33 PM EDT
How do I remove the sling swivel from under the front sight? I just started using a single point sling and the front swivel clacks around. Do i need a tool to do this? I don't want to force the swivel off the assembly. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 3:01:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/11/2002 3:05:05 PM EDT by Mario_PC3C]
Use a slightly oversize drill bit and drill the flared side of the pivot rivet down until you can drive it througth the front site base with a punch.

If you want to put the swivel back on later use a split pin; that way you can remove and replace it at will.

What sling mount did you get? I use the Deiter CQB that goes between the receiver and stock. I really like the single point mount, it keeps the sling behind all of the controls and magwell. Have you ever inserted a mag into the well with the sling getting pushed in ahead of it?

Mario
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 4:28:44 PM EDT
I got the GG&G single point sling attachemnt that goes between the stock and receiver along with the Wilderness Single-point sling. I had considered using the tactical tailor single-point that does not require a sling attachment. It attaches directly to the stock using special straps. I may still try that on my other AR without the end plate sling attachment. I also saw one that uses a special rear receiver pin attachment to attach a specially made quick detach sling. I am trying a couple different methods on a couple of different AR's to see which one works best.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 10:21:50 PM EDT
Use a hammer and a punch to drive out the pin/rivet.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 11:23:35 AM EDT
I have only seen pics of the Tactical Tailer sling setup, it's a good idea but it looks like it can shift around a bit. I've never seen the modified receiver push pin type.

The Deiter sling mount is very similar to the GG&G type.

I just ordered three single point mounts for my shotguns from GG&G, I'm looking forward to getting them set up with the system.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 2:13:26 PM EDT
I am going to try a tac tailor sling on my AR that does not have the single point attachment. I'll let you know how it works.
Top Top