Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/5/2002 6:58:05 AM EDT
Does anyone have bushy's post ban m4 lookalike?
I was also thinking about gettin' one from RRA so please post your opinions on these 2
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 8:01:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I was going to get one from the gun store in my town, but it was expensive. $1200.

it looked cool, but I don't know how it shot.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 8:14:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a bushmaster m4 and it is one of my better rifles. Louder than normal, but good accuracy, and $1200 is too much for that rifle. The MSRP is $1095 for the A3 version of the M4.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 8:22:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I picked up my A3 for less than $900.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 8:23:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I own the RR, and I love it.  It's tighter than any other, the lockup of lower and upper is excellent.  Very accurate, too, however, I would order it with a chromed barrel though.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 8:26:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Any of you guys had barrel indexing problems?
Sights being way off to one side or another.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 8:28:01 AM EDT
[#6]
not me, but Bushmaster did have a problem with this for a short time.  They will correct free of charge and they have great customer service.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 8:37:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Visually the differences between the two will be slight, to minor, to none.

Bushmaster uses 4150 milspec steel in their barrels, Rock River uses slightly cheaper 4140. You may never know the difference. Some of us are a little nutty and know the difference and wont have anything less than 4150.

Bushmaster also puts a nice dry lube inside their uppers which exceed milspec. Nice touch.

Rock River will come with a pressed on fake flash suppressor. It looks really nice IMO. Howwever, it is stuck on there with no option of getting it off short of cutting it off at the barrel which is a real hassle. Having that thing permanently on there could prevent you from installing some free float tubes. Like I said, it is a nice looking addition, but it can cut down on some options.

Also, at least as far as the 2001 LEGP Rock River M4s went, the M4 barrel was not a true M4 profile, and was slightly heavier. Has this changed at all? Anyone?
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 8:48:24 AM EDT
[#8]
What about the mini y comp bushmaster puts on their m4 barrels?
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 11:19:58 AM EDT
[#9]
I only paid $800 for my Bushy M4 A2.  It's been a fantastic gun.  I had some problems with it the first time I took it out.  I didn't clean it initially and that seemed to be the problem.  When I broke it down the first time, it had a sticky black goo over everything.  I cleaned it up with CLP and haven't had a gun related problem since.  (A few mag problems though)  The mini y is fairly loud, but with my hearing protection, the only thing I hear is complaints from other shooters.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 11:35:13 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Does anyone have bushy's post ban m4 lookalike?
I was also thinking about gettin' one from RRA so please post your opinions on these 2

Yep. Bushmaster XM15-E2S-M4 Type 16" carbine. Throw in a set of Colt double shielded Colt M4 handguards, and she looks like a beaut. Also put in a Rock River 2 stage trigger, which I'd HIGHLY recommend. I had some FTF issues on my first trip to the range, but it turns out that I should have put more lube on it. Aside from that, she's been running flawlessly. No problems with sighting in. She's definitely a shooter...accurate beyond my skill.

I notice you asked about the brake. I decided I didn't want a brake, so I specifically ordered it with the full 16" M4 profile barrel. You can do that..order it straight, or with the AK brake. I'd say, if you want it for the look, get it straight and have a brake put on afterwards. A lot of people like the ones by KKF. The only problem is that it'd be a special order, and my order took about 5 months.

When you get down to it...it's probably six of one versus half a dozen of the other. They're both very good guns. I went with Bushmaster for my first one....and I'm looking to use RRA for my next one.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 1:19:54 PM EDT
[#11]
I "put mine together" for around 875.  400 for the upper (from the equipment exchange) 275 for the lower from my local gun shop, and 200 bucks for the carry handle, bolt/bolt carrier, and charging handle.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 2:07:26 PM EDT
[#12]
if you are looking for a RRA. U can build one for 865 plus shipping and extras.

RRA M4 Tactical Entry Upper with Chrome Lining, M4 Double Heatshield Handguards, Side Sling Swivel, and Tactical Carry Handle...$545.00
CHROME LINED not moly, from Sable co.
www.sableco.net

and 320 for a complete RRA lower national match trigger with non-col stock from Pete in the legal transfers in the industry section of ar15.com

thats the way im doing mine, got the money for the lower, then i gotta save for the upper. on the upper im getting the faux FS which is free of charge from sable co. and adding the removable sight and weaver gas rail for 80.
so 945 plus shipping and FFL fee, so about a grand for a great rifle with a few extras.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top