Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2002 6:30:51 PM EDT
I have been looking around for an AR15 or CAR15.
I found an Olympic Arms model PCR99 CAR15, 16" barrel, (possibly fake)flash suppressor, and a telescoping buttstock.
After checking the serial number I found this weapon was made in '99 so is definitely postban.
Can I legally buy the carbine as is and change the stock, or does the seller need to be informed and change it before a sale. Should I just pass on it completely?
I am not committed to buying this carbine. The price is about $600.00, which seems a little high.
Ideas?
Jim
Link Posted: 9/23/2002 8:47:10 PM EDT
are you sure that is a collapsible stock or just a fake one. if it is a fake one U can legally purchase and own it. $600 sounds like a reasonable price.

Link Posted: 9/23/2002 8:50:34 PM EDT
Yeah make sure it is not a "fixed" telescopic stock. If not I would pass on it unless the seller will replace the stock with a legal one. Otherwise you will be buying an illegal gun.
Link Posted: 9/23/2002 10:30:09 PM EDT
If it is an illegal stock, make the seller change it BEFORE you puchase it. Otherwise, you can be prosecuted for buying and purchasing an illegal firearm.
Link Posted: 9/23/2002 11:48:08 PM EDT
if the seller doesn't have a fixed stock to swap, you could just remove the stock prior to the sale, and install the stock of your choice at your convienience.
Link Posted: 9/24/2002 8:53:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/26/2002 9:50:31 AM EDT by monkeyman]
Threaten to turn him in to the "folding and tele-stock" police and tell him you'll give him $300 for it.

WARNING: This comment is facetious!

Facetious (fa se'shes)adj. 1. Not meant to be taken seriously or literally. 2. Humerous; amusing.

Edited for Fixer.
Link Posted: 9/24/2002 9:28:04 AM EDT

Originally Posted By monkeyman:
Threaten to turn him in to the "folding and tele-stock" police and tell him you'll give him $300 for it.

Yo Monkeyman, Sarah Brady called to thank you for your donation to HCI and remind you to vote DemocRATic!

would you people really drop a dime on someone because they didn't understand the BS regs?

that's PATHETIC!

WRITE real letters (not e-mail) to your representatives and tell them you expect them to let the AW ban die, and that how they vote on the issue affects how you vote.
Link Posted: 9/24/2002 10:40:38 AM EDT
Someone tell Fixer that his joke detector is defective.
Link Posted: 9/24/2002 3:17:57 PM EDT
The stock telescopes in and out. I worked it myself, it's not a fixed, fake stock.
I will tell him and try to negotiate a good price. Many seem to think $500.00 is reasonable.
Jim
Link Posted: 9/24/2002 3:36:13 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/24/2002 3:40:00 PM EDT
The guy runs a pawn shop, so I doubt he is cozy with leo types.
I will definately have him remove the stock if I decide to buy.
Thanks,
Jim
Top Top