Originally Posted By BerlinVet:
What's the procedure for purchasing a firearm?
Same as with any vendor. I hope I will get this right:
1. You establish relationship with local dealer/FFL who will do transfers for you for an agreeable price.
2. You have your dealer/FFL file their paperwork with AIM. (if they arent already on file)
3. You call AIM and verify your dealer's FFL paperwork is on file.
4. You order said firearm, pay, and have it shipped to your desired dealer/FFL.
5. You go to your local dealer/FFL, pay transfer fee, fill out 4473, pass NICS check, and take firearm home.
The above assumes you dont have any other local or state laws that complicate the matter. This is how it works in free states.