Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2002 7:01:29 AM EDT
If anyone is telling you of their military exploits and your a bit suspicious,you can officially bust their ass! Contact these guys.
Larry Bailey: [email][email protected][/email]
Steve Waterman: [email][email protected][/email]
And give them the tip or ask a question.

Or for any other top-secret super soldiers that were probably cooks.
[url]www.phonyveterans.com[/url]

All fake Black-ops,Force Recon,Delta Force,Special Forces,S.E.A.L.,Ranger,Para-Rescue types beware!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 12:19:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm sorry, but you have to read about some of these clowns on [url]phonyveterans.com[/url]

They have me pissing my pants.

The guy claiming to be a Maj.Gen. in the Corps is the best.
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 12:33:25 PM EDT
[#2]
When I first heard about this I thought so what.
Some fat guy wants to make up stories about his days as a S.E.A.L.
No skin off my nose.

But these boys have uncovered people posing as servicemen who used their phony credentials to embezzle money and in one case one phony was a Superior court judge!
see [url]http://www.phonyveterans.com/Couwenberg.html[/url]

Thanks for the work.
From someone who didn’t serve and so never will really understand.
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 12:49:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I had heard on local radio awhile back of a website that lists ALL BUDS graduates. Anyone know of it?
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 7:30:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I have personally exposed several of these pathetic moron type individuals using the following site:  [url][email protected][/url] Good luck. JarheadGunner.

Link Posted: 1/23/2002 9:04:04 PM EDT
[#5]
There are more phonies out there than the real deal SEALs. I even saw one posing on TV and wearing a Silver Star during Veteran's Day. Funny thing is his name didn't match any on the list of Silver Star winners. I've seen several sites to turn them in, but haven't seen any BUDs listings.

Update - my mistake, it was a Navy Cross, not the Silver Star.
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 2:39:17 AM EDT
[#6]
This is a very good book on this subject: [b]"Stolen Valor"[/b] by B.G. Burkett,
[url]http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/096670360X/qid=1011871822/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_2_1/002-4845896-0437606[/url]

Mike
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 4:28:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Every gun shop I've ever been in has at least one guy who says he was a seal, green baret, delta, etc.
Is it possible that all special ops guys leave the service to work at gun shops?  Or do you think maybe they were fibbing?
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 1:40:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I was at a local airshow and was asked to man a Vietnam Helicopter Crewmembers Association booth. This fat guy comes up to the booth real interested, with his wife and kids in tow. I asked him if he was a VN helicopter crewmember, to which he replied yes."Where were you stationed?", "Hanoi'" he said, 'yes, I said, that must have been tough duty station. Ya, he said...
       GIB
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top