Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2008 12:57:06 PM EDT
Silkies are green boy shorts!

I don't have a pair of boxers that are short enough to wear with silkies. How could anyone expect me to "Hello Dolly"/flutter kick/squat/side straddle hop in that without my junk popping out?

Hooters booty shorts are LONGER than silkies:

Case closed [/rant]

Do you think silkies should be banned?
Link Posted: 9/21/2008 1:36:33 PM EDT
[#1]
We always called them ranger panties. The pairs I have have a liner inside, so no underwear needed. They're very comfortable for PT but you gotta be a bad dude to wear them to the local Y.
Link Posted: 9/21/2008 8:35:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Your junk falls out and then what? It's physical fitness time the only problem I have is if you rip the liner out when you got running your shorts creep up past your junk and then your shit is really flopping around.
Link Posted: 9/21/2008 8:41:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Always thought those were wrong like two boys....
Link Posted: 9/21/2008 8:44:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Wait until you get to wear UDT shorts.  About 1/2 an inch of inseam and no liner.
Link Posted: 9/21/2008 8:49:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Wait until you get to wear UDT shorts.  About 1/2 an inch of inseam and no liner.

They're talking about PT shorts, not dressing up as one of The Village People.
Link Posted: 9/21/2008 11:58:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Long live the hooter shorts!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/22/2008 1:33:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Meh. Same-same as when I was in, except ours were red. I think it's an unofficial Marine Corps tradition to have your mainmast and cannonballs come out of your shorts during PT.

Just like farting during the sit-up portion of the PFT...
Link Posted: 9/22/2008 2:39:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Green silkies are teh ghey, but black silkies are cool imo
Link Posted: 9/22/2008 2:53:00 AM EDT
[#9]
silkies are teh ghey. no question.

about 2 months ago I am on the treadmill at the gym and this smoking hot AF lawyer is on the eliptical in front of me. I see her everyday no big deal. apparently LCpl Schmuckatelli hasnt seen a woman in quite some time and stopped literally right in front of her, stared intently, and proceeded to pop a stinger in his silkies. it was uncomfortable for everyone in the cardio area. one of his buddies had to usher him away like rainman.

BAN SILKIES!!!

edited to add:  UDT trunks are pimp.
Link Posted: 9/22/2008 3:00:00 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
silkies are teh ghey. no question.

about 2 months ago I am on the treadmill at the gym and this smoking hot AF lawyer is on the eliptical in front of me. I see her everyday no big deal. apparently LCpl Schmuckatelli hasnt seen a woman in quite some time and stopped literally right in front of her, stared intently, and proceeded to pop a stinger in his silkies. it was uncomfortable for everyone in the cardio area. one of his buddies had to usher him away like rainman.

BAN SILKIES!!!

edited to add:  UDT trunks are pimp.
Link Posted: 9/22/2008 3:36:19 AM EDT
[#11]
In Little League we had a coach that would fall asleep in a lawnchair and his nutsack would be dangling thru the lawnchair, his German shepard would be right underneath the lawnchair, very disturbing image of my youthful days.
Link Posted: 9/22/2008 4:10:55 AM EDT
[#12]
After about 50 repititions of the Side Straddle Hop I usually just go sit down and...smoke a cigarette......
Link Posted: 9/22/2008 5:32:47 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
In Little League we had a coach that would fall asleep in a lawnchair and his nutsack would be dangling thru the lawnchair, his German shepard would be right underneath the lawnchair, very disturbing image of my youthful days.

Reading shit like this is why I drink in the morning.

If anybody needs me, I'll be in the BOTD forum trying to undo the damage.
Link Posted: 9/22/2008 7:17:44 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Silkies are green boy shorts!

www.usmcboot.com/bx1002s.jpg

I don't have a pair of boxers that are short enough to wear with silkies. How could anyone expect me to "Hello Dolly"/flutter kick/squat/side straddle hop in that without my junk popping out?

Hooters booty shorts are LONGER than silkies:

media.musictoday.com/store/bands/1142/product_small/12A10OR.jpg

Case closed [/rant]

Do you think silkies should be banned?

Problem is when Marines who shouldnt wear them wear them.  IE husky ones or downright fat idiots.  If youre skinny or in extremely good physical condition they dont look that bad.  But even if you are just average or anything above they look downright horrible.
Link Posted: 9/22/2008 7:39:00 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They're talking about PT shorts, not dressing up as one of The Village People.

Ha.  UDT shorts are not only shorter than the PT shorts, but they are cut to ride higher as well.  Add in the fact that they have no liner and you can easily hang your nuts out one leg and dick out the other.

I was stationed at the former MCSF company on Diego Garcia.  DG is so hot that the services there authorized modified "cut offs" uniforms.  

The USMC wasn't about to cut off cammies, so there were times when our uniform of the day  was jungle boots, UDT shorts, green T-shirt and boonie cover.  Lots of ensuing ball floppage to amuse the young female sailors on the island.
Link Posted: 9/22/2008 9:08:29 AM EDT
[#16]
My legs are too fat to wear those. (We call them Ranger panties, too).  

I'm in the AF and our PT shorts are short enough. Thankfully there is spandex to wear underneath it.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2008 9:21:04 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
We always called them ranger panties. The pairs I have have a liner inside, so no underwear needed. They're very comfortable for PT but you gotta be a bad dude to wear them to the local Y.

Yeah, when I was in (Army) we called em ranger panties, I was giving a buddy of mine shit about them (he's a jarhead) and he called them "catch-me fuck-me's"  I about fell out of my chair laughing at that one...
Link Posted: 9/22/2008 9:29:42 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Yeah, when I was in (Army) we called em ranger panties, I was giving a buddy of mine shit about them (he's a jarhead) and he called them "catch-me fuck-me's" I about fell out of my chair laughing at that one...

LOL  -  In Army ROTC we PT'd in them too.  Nothing like walking around campus (think thousands of hotties) wearing granny panties.
Link Posted: 9/22/2008 10:34:47 AM EDT
[#19]
i heard "catch-me fuck-me's" from some SF guys before. I think we should give them a realy bad name to stigmatize them. suggestions?
Link Posted: 9/22/2008 9:41:15 PM EDT
[#20]
I love "em!  Wore them every day while active and still do to this day.  I just wear them UNDER MY PANTS!!!!!  We called them the same shit, ranger panties, catch me Fuck me shorts, etc...

My wife calls me Rainman cause everytime we go visit my folks in Nashville, I have to stop at the Cav store at Gate 4 Ft Campbell to resupply on underwear.  She starts saying "yeah, definately have to get my underwear at the Cav store, yeah"
Link Posted: 9/23/2008 4:29:32 AM EDT
[#21]
the only guys that wear those around here are the PJs and Combat Controllers, and I'll be God Damned if I ever talk shit to those HSLD guys
Link Posted: 9/23/2008 12:08:51 PM EDT
[#22]
I still wear mine...in fact, I've got a pair on right now.
Link Posted: 9/23/2008 12:11:34 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/23/2008 12:23:16 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

WTH is wrong with you!

NOW I HAVE THAT DISTURBING IMAGE IN MY HEAD.
Link Posted: 9/23/2008 1:34:04 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTH is wrong with you!

The coach used to wear silkies, and every time I see those silkies that awful image comes to mind, what was hilarious is the German shepard would be right underneath those balls as if gaurding them.
Link Posted: 9/23/2008 2:49:25 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Meh. Same-same as when I was in, except ours were red. I think it's an unofficial Marine Corps tradition to have your mainmast and cannonballs come out of your shorts during PT.

the Marine Corps reg for PT shorts is two inches below the scrotum
Link Posted: 9/23/2008 3:15:56 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That means I always had an inch "wiggle" room there.
Link Posted: 9/23/2008 3:23:33 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good thing I'm not in the Corps then... I'd be wearing basketball shorts.
Link Posted: 9/23/2008 5:55:35 PM EDT
[#29]
I used to wear them but got so much shit from the guys in my unit at PT and my GF that i stopped wearing them.

That and one time while doing PT the inner lined ripped and I had to make an emergency exit. Explaining to Top why I left PT early was not good. I will never wear those things again.

Except at home when there is no one around.
Link Posted: 9/23/2008 6:56:11 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Reading shit like this is why I drink in the morning.

If anybody needs me, I'll be in the BOTD forum trying to undo the damage.

Link Posted: 9/25/2008 8:23:49 PM EDT
[#31]
silkies are awesome, UDTs are hella gay that is when your junk hangs out
Link Posted: 9/26/2008 2:22:39 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTH is wrong with you!

The coach used to wear silkies, and every time I see those silkies that awful image comes to mind, what was hilarious is the German shepard would be right underneath those balls as if gaurding them.

Man's best friend.....
Link Posted: 9/26/2008 9:16:10 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
the only guys that wear those around here are the PJs and Combat Controllers, and I'll be God Damned if I ever talk shit to those HSLD guys

At the Pararescueman Orientation Course at Kirkland AFB (For CAP Cadets, not USAF personell) a cadet in PT formation yelled "Who wears short shorts!" and another joker yelled "We wear short shorts!", a couple guys in formation laughed, needless to say it was a long day after that.

The PJs were not ammused
Link Posted: 9/27/2008 11:43:01 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
silkies are awesome, UDTs are hella gay that is when your junk hangs out

UDTs are the shit!
After you have your bubble/budweiser
I still have mine for no real reason than to piss my wife off.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top