Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/25/2006 5:14:10 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:28:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Personell carrying on federal creds are exempt from state law. So are on duty LE's performing their official duty, or LE's assigned to multi state task forces. HR 218 only applies to off duty and retired state or lower level LEO's.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:40:23 AM EDT
[#2]
CID agents are sort of federal law enforcement and they carry on those creds anywhere in the US at all times, like any other federal agent, to include the Air Force OSI.  Military Police, including the Air Force's Security Forces (unless they've changed their name again) do not count as law enforcement for 218.  They don't get to carry unless it's part of their duties, same thing applies to, well all of the military.  218 only applies to civillian law enforement.  An off duty MP, is just a regular person, and can't carry without a permit.  Especially since they don't have any special credentials, or even get issued a badge except in a few cases. The Army anyway.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:51:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:19:00 PM EDT
[#4]
i just applied with the OSI but wouldn't mind looking into the coast guard law enforcement special agent. do they have civilian agents like CID/OSI/NCIS?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:48:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:38:15 PM EDT
[#6]
HR218 Does not apply to regular MP/SP, I have a CHL for offduty carry.

I am credentailed MPI, and wear civilian clothing but only have law enforcement/investigative authority in a duty status.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:18:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Since USCG is part of DHS does that make them all Federal LEO's?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top