Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2006 7:50:14 AM EDT
Hello guys,
I was in afghanistan for a year as an M.P and did some work with S.F on various P.R.T's and have considered S.F myself.
Iam reading a book from the special warrior foundation about how to get selected for S.F and the first thing he says is to find a mentor someone S.F or ex S.F to help you with getting ready and the mindset.
If anyone outthere can help me with this i would greatly appreciate it. I want to know as muh as i can about it before I make it happen.

Out hug.gif
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:09:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Try www.armyparatrooper.org
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:26:19 AM EDT
[#2]
lightfighter.net

socnet

If you are serious, these guys will help you.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:31:51 PM EDT
[#3]
There are a lot of SF types running around ArmyParatrooper.org, including the author of that book.  PS.com is good as well - they both verify their members so you know exactly who you're talking to isn't a POS poser.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:13:35 PM EDT
[#4]
www.professionalsoldiers.com  I was pointed towards this website by a few guys 2years ago. It has the most information by far.  Just make sure you read all the FAQs, and introduce yourself before you start posting.

Sorry..I had lost your IM and it wasn't saved so I couldn't get back to you.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:16:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I served 6 years in SF as a radio support guy, but not an operator.

I can probably answer any questions you have about it, practically all my buddies were 18's.  I just chose to get out, rather than goto selection.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:31:00 AM EDT
[#6]
IM sent
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:00:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Don't quite and you'll make it.  Keep your mouth shut and your ears open. Don't piss off your cadre they will make or break you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top