Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2006 11:41:50 AM EDT
where if you make over a certain amount of money a year they yank your benefits/compensation?

A bill or something being proposed?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 2:16:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I know it has been like that for a long time if you are receiving over a certain percentage of disability. Before my dad passed away I remember him having to fight that constantly, at 70% he barely made enough to get by and could make next to nothing in order to keep that amount. When he went to 100% I think the amount became even less that he could make but at least he could get by on just the disability at that point. This was almost ten years ago now so things have probably changed some and I can't remember exact details anymore.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:12:05 AM EDT
[#2]
No this is something new they're proposing from what I understand...
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 2:56:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Generally, income tests only apply to non service connected disability. Service connected is exempt.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:18:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Not a vet, but I did hear something about an increased co-pay for VA treatment or something like that. Am I imagining things though?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:19:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Generally, income tests only apply to non service connected disability. Service connected is exempt.

That's cool that service connected is exempt.  I don't have to worry about them messing with mine then.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:17:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's cool that service connected is exempt.  I don't have to worry about them messing with mine then.

I can deal with that... makes enough sense... they won't touch anything I'm getting either.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top