Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/8/2006 5:01:42 AM EDT
Well guys, I'm headed to MCRD San Diego to start recruit training tomorrow morning. I'm going down to the hotel tonight and I'll go to MEPS in the morning and then get on a plane to San Diego. I've always wanted to do this and I'm not getting any younger so I figured I would check this off my list. I joined as a 0331 Machinegunner in the Marine Reserves and thanks to my college hours I already got my first promotion!

I had a friend at The Citadel who originally got me turned on to the Marines when I was a knob.....(I had originally wanted to go Army) Well he was KIA in Iraq near Fallujah, you can check out his profile here,
Tim Creager
Ever since that happened, I've had this burning itch to join up......who knows maybe I can avenge his death in some way??

I'm sure this will be a strange trip, but I'm soo excited I can barely contain myself! Just think this time next week it's gonna be.....1,2,3....1,2,3

I've been working my ass off so I'm in pretty damn good shape and I'm super motivated so I can't wait to get there.

Well wish me luck fella's........I will update this upon my return as a US MARINE!

PS

My unit will be A CO, 1/23 Marines in Houston, TX.......anyone here by any chance know of this unit? I heard they just returned from Iraq? Anyone here possibly in this unit??

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:04:15 AM EDT
It was one of the best times of my life.

Cheers,
Bob Ash USMC0321 1977-1981
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:06:33 AM EDT
Siemper Fi my future Brother.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:21:09 AM EDT
I should run over to MCRD and have you call me "sir" a few times while I am still here at Coronado. I need to go to the cash sales there anyway.

Boot will be fun. You know which company you are going into?

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 2:57:57 PM EDT
Good luck! This is my first post on this forum, I just got out of the Marine Corps six months ago. I was an 0331 myself, with 2/23 out in California. Stay motivated, soon you'll be part of a very special brotherhood... there's no place like it.

Semper Fidelis.

k0331b
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:38:05 AM EDT
Good luck.

Max

Top Top