Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/31/2005 1:16:42 PM EDT
I want to buy some ACU's for an ADSW tour. My BDU's have no patch at all on them, and I don't know what patch I'm supposed to be wearing as an IRR soldier. Anyone here know the proper patch to have sewn on?
Back in the late 80's early 90's I recall some of the TAC officers for advanced camp (ROTC) were IRR troops and they all wore some circular type patch.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 1:24:54 PM EDT
Unless it's recently changed, it's this one:

IRR

Then again, I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:47:50 PM EDT
Thank you for that info. That was the patch they wore back in the day, as I recall. Never seen one in the clothing sales store, though. I'm going to check the AAfes website, now.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 4:52:54 PM EDT
Saw that patch in Iraq, when asked the soldier said it was the IRR patch.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:08:20 PM EDT
Thanks, folks. just ordered from AAfes for class A's and BDU's.
I also saw that green jungle boots are still authorized as long as they are serviceable. Hooah!
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 12:18:13 AM EDT
Wow, you learn something new everyday. I had NO idea that IRR soldiers had their own patch. That's kind of cool, actually.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:07:52 PM EDT
If you're in the IRR and get called up wouldn't you wear the patch of the unit you're assigned to? When does someone assigned to the IRR wear his/ her uniform?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:29:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/5/2006 11:30:41 AM EDT by rifle-cop624]
If I was activated and deployed for a long period, then yes, I would be assigned to the gaining unit. For short tours, like ADSW and TDY, then the IRR patch stands.

By the way, welcome home, STRYKER_11A!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:14:16 AM EDT

Originally Posted By DVCAPI:
When does someone assigned to the IRR wear his / her uniform?

I initially wore mine when I went to the Armor Officer Basic Course as an IRR Soldier (before I came on Active Duty), but when I got there, I switched it to the Armor Center patch which everyone wears before they are assigned to a permanent follow-on unit. I had to put the IRR patch on my Class As for graduation though, because we had to wear our follow-on unit insignia, and at the time, I was going back to the IRR.

Dave
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 8:32:06 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 8:47:58 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DVCAPI:
If you're in the IRR and get called up wouldn't you wear the patch of the unit you're assigned to? When does someone assigned to the IRR wear his/ her uniform?

I got out of the Army in 86. They called me back up in 88 for several weeks to determine how much of our MOS skills we remembered or forgot. They gave us all basic issue with the IRR patches.
Top Top