Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/7/2005 6:42:52 PM EDT
Anyone one else have a lump in your arm where you got your anthrax shots?  I got mine like 3 years ago and still have a hard lump there.  Discuss:
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 7:18:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Dude, see a doc.

My Anthrax shot #1 was painful as all hell, but the swelling went down soon enough. No major issues with the other shots.

NTM
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 7:31:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep, still got a little lump, going on six years now.  Not painful or swollen or anything.

When the anthrax attacks were going on I was working security for the Department of Justice in downtown DC.  I was the desk sergeant, but I was also the only one with an anthrax vac.  I made the mistake of telling my supervisor, and for a couple weeks there I was sent to check every damn pile of spilled baby powder and empty donut box on DoJ property.  At one point I was getting sent to "suspicious white powder" calls four or five times a day.  
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 7:34:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I've had 2 in as many years and no lasting lump, I don't know what you still having one means thoughs
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 7:38:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Mild Problems• Soreness, redness, or itching where the shot wasgiven (about 1 out of 10 men, about 1 out of 6women)• A lump where the shot was given (about 1person out of 2)• Muscle aches or joint aches (about 1 person outof 5)• Headaches (about 1 person out of 5)• Fatigue (about 1 out of 15 men, about 1 out of6 women)• Chills or fever (about 1 person out of 20)• Nausea (about 1 person out of 20).

Hmm...interesting tho...everything I'm reading says the lump should be gone in a few weeks.  I always just figured it was scar tissue or something, like the permanent marks people used to get from smallpox vacs.  I dunno.  Don't think I'm going to lose any sleep over it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 7:42:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Had mine in 2003 - no lumps here.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 7:42:50 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Mild Problems• Soreness, redness, or itching where the shot wasgiven (about 1 out of 10 men, about 1 out of 6women)• A lump where the shot was given (about 1person out of 2)• Muscle aches or joint aches (about 1 person outof 5)• Headaches (about 1 person out of 5)• Fatigue (about 1 out of 15 men, about 1 out of6 women)• Chills or fever (about 1 person out of 20)• Nausea (about 1 person out of 20).

Yeah I found that military PDF, just making sure it wasn't something uncommon.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 11:48:46 PM EDT
[#7]
yep, 6 years for me. Immediate fatigue, muscle/joint aches and chills after the shots. I have spent the last 6 years feeling like I am 20 years older. One of my Bosses( also a really good friend) is dying from cancer thanks to agent orange . I often wonder what the anthrax innoculations will bring. rant off
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 11:56:33 PM EDT
[#8]
No lumps here, finished 4 of the 6. Naturally, not on the proper schedule because of the stop/start of the series as the .mil kept changing their mind about the shot.

That fucker burned like a lit cigar getting put out on my arm.

Naturally, they've suspended the shots again.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 5:29:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Got the initial series in '99, I had a lump for about two weeks after each one but it always went away.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 7:36:49 PM EDT
[#10]
I had a lump for a good year after the first shot, of course after I finished my first year and a half worths and only needed the yearly they stopped giving it.  Man, after the first I had the worst flu like symptoms for about a week.   Also had a sharp pain where it felt like the needle hit the bone or something, that would come and go.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 8:15:39 PM EDT
[#11]
holy shit, and i was worried because my lump laster about 2 months. id be worred about 2+ years.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 8:21:24 PM EDT
[#12]
burned like a mofo, but no permanent lumps or side effects.

*starts twitching uncontrollably*
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 11:19:27 AM EDT
[#13]
No lumps.

Just involuntary twitching, spasms, and occasional vomiting spells.
Just kidding.    

All ok here.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 8:58:04 PM EDT
[#14]
I had some serious pain in my armpit for a couple of weeks from one of the vaccines, but I don't remember if it was Smallpox or Anthrax.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 9:43:06 AM EDT
[#15]
I actually got through all 6, first one burned like hell, the rest burned but less each time.
No lasting lumps.
Can't even really see the Smallpox scar anymore either.
See a Corpsman dude...
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 2:51:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Never got a bump that lasted more than a week. I knew several guys who lost the use of their arm for a few hours.

It burned like a sum bitch when i got it. But that was it. Ony got 2 of the shots before the FDA cancelled the lot we were being injected with.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 3:07:48 AM EDT
[#17]
4 out of six here. Like someone else said, felt like a lit cigar. No lumps here.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 4:39:01 AM EDT
[#18]
get it checked out, it should of went away in a couple days.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 10:01:43 AM EDT
[#19]
I got 5 or 6, IIRC, and sometimes I got a lump, sometimes not.  the lumps always went away after a few days/weeks, though.  get it looked it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top