Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/23/2003 3:27:43 PM EDT
In your opinion/experience, what is the most physically fit military unit in the U.S./world? Delta Force? SEALS? Thanks a bunch.

BTW- I am not trying to start a flame war, just asking your opinion.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 3:43:00 PM EDT
[#1]
No opinions?
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 4:41:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Who would win in a fight, Mighty Mouse, or Superman?
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 8:24:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Superman of course!! [:D] I'm not asking who is better trained, just physically fit. I've heard that Delta Force isn't that worried about physical fitness AFTER you get done with stuff like INDOC and selection. They spend almost all their time training, not really doing PT. That doesn't mean that they let themselves get fat, they just don't spend a lot of time on PT. Does anyone know if this is true? Doesn't seem right to me, but I've heard it a lot. Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 2:11:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Marine Recon.
We use to play Rugby for lunch.
I'm 38 now and I still play!!

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 12:46:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Superman of course!! [:D] I'm not asking who is better trained, just physically fit. I've heard that Delta Force isn't that worried about physical fitness AFTER you get done with stuff like INDOC and selection. They spend almost all their time training, not really doing PT. That doesn't mean that they let themselves get fat, they just don't spend a lot of time on PT. Does anyone know if this is true? Doesn't seem right to me, but I've heard it a lot. Thanks.
View Quote

Who is feeding you this info or do you just make it up as you go along?
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 7:12:24 PM EDT
[#6]
One of my friends brother is in the Army. My friend tells me that this is what his brother says, I have no idea if he is B.S.ing or not, so I'm asking your opinion.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 7:21:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
One of my friends brother is in the Army. My friend tells me that this is what his brother says, I have no idea if he is B.S.ing or not, so I'm asking your opinion.
View Quote
I'm not qualified to answer but Im sure if you go to military.com the experts there will be able to help
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 2:40:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Oh yeah!! I'm a member of military.com. I should have asked over there to begin with! [noclue]. Thanks Hoplite.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 10:29:01 PM EDT
[#9]
With my few years in the Army Inf. I can say with out a doubt it is them Fn Cooks ! They must be the most fit people I have ever seen. And they cook better than any one I have ever known !   Yea Right ! [puke]
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 11:10:27 AM EDT
[#10]
That is a question that cannot be answered unless you define it more!

U.S. Army Rangers....While at Ft. Stewart, Ga. I witnessed "Rangers" live on next to nothing out in the field for DAYS. They all looked like hell if you could catch a glimpse of one of them (almost scrawny looking) but they were incredibly strong.

We had a post "fun run" (yeah right) which was a mini-marathon (13 miles I think)run in BDU's with weapon and pack. I dont remember the times, but my units
competitors (including myself)did nothing but train for this one competition for at least 6 months, and the Rangers STILL literally ran away from us.

MARINES.....I have seen some HUGE Marines. Most have superior upper body strength. Across the board, I believe they have the toughest standards.

AIR FORCE.....The latest "Military issue" of "Muscle and Fitness" had a TON of World Class Bodybuilders representing the Air Force. Much more than the other services. My theory is that they are the only ones that have time to be in the gym every day.

Sorry, guess I didn't help.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top