Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2017 12:42:30 AM EDT
I've seen multiple threads, on multiple sites, but they seem to be dead, and I haven't been able to get any answers to my situation.

Hoping someone can help me!

I filed all the supporting documentation along with my tax return for tax year 2016.

I received $23,820.00 from my Disability Severence Pay, and that was the amount I received AFTER my $7,146.00 was taken out for taxes.

The IRS is now requesting that I fill out a 1040X and saying I should have received a form 1099.

I'm not sure what else I need to do at this point as I've provided all necessary documented information.

Ive tried contacting the IRS multiple times, but as it's not tax season, it's like pulling teeth trying to get any information, or better yet, even reaching a living human being that I can at least talk to.

I did just see an article that was produced this year, that said the DOD was being forced to pay all of the taxes that were witheld to veterans, but I"m not exactly sure how that process would work.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 9:14:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome. Your best bet is to post this question on Veterans Benefits Network VBN 

Provide as much information as you can. There are some real knowledgeable folks over there.

Good luck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top