Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2017 4:10:40 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 8:02:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Wait, it sounds like it's going to be good!

Am I wrong?

LOL.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 3:46:42 PM EDT
[#2]
The devils in the details, just like  that blended retirement crap.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 11:37:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The devils in the details, just like  that blended retirement crap.
View Quote

And what are the details, pray tell? I'm at the 12 year mark: 5 active and 7 in the NG.
I've hung around this long and, like all veterans, taken many dings to my civilian career partly due to
the perceived retirement benefits for sticking out until 20. If Tricare as a retiree is no longer
a good deal what's the point in staying in?
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 12:39:54 AM EDT
[#4]
US Family Health Plan FTW.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 2:31:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
Is that a good deal?
I have been tossing all the junk mail and spam I have been receiving on it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 12:50:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Since TriCare rolled out, it's been an insult to all who were promised free healthcare for life.

That said, even with the premium and co-pays, I think it's one of the most affordable things you'll find. Beats heck out of every horror story I've heard of obummercare plans with premiums that make my eyes water.

Couple years after I went with Prime, wife needed a heart procedure. Of the $50K+ on the billing paperwork, I paid $36.00 out of pocket. And they paid some travel and lodging expenses.

Just my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 1:07:43 AM EDT
[#7]
So what is the big change that's going to screw the retired guys?
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 1:18:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Is that a good deal?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is that a good deal?
Sorry I didn't see this reply before.

Yes it's a good deal if its available in your area.

Active,no fee.

Retired $140 a quarter for me and my wife.
All civilian network.
We haven't seen a bill.

Go to one of their seminars.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 2:03:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So what is the big change that's going to screw the retired guys?
View Quote
From what I have read they want to stick retiree's into the military medical system if you live within a certain area.

Where I live they did that (it was a 20 mile radius), now they want to bump it up to something like 37 miles.

I lost the ability to see the doctor that I have been seeing for 15 years since I retired and they stuck me with some young people's doctors who don't know shit about old decrepit people.

What one of those fucks said to me: "Why did your doctor put you on THIS medicine? That is bad stuff, we can control it with THIS medicine".

"Ummm, because I already take THIS medicine and only works to control THIS issue whereas the COMBINATION of BOTH medicines treat the underlying problem and also keep my issue in check."
"Didn't you read my fucking medical chart?"
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 11:28:58 PM EDT
[#10]
$47.10 per month..I have to go to the local Airforce base TMC, they don't have a real hospital, you get out sourced to the local economy for anything major..MRIs etc...I like it.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 2:56:47 PM EDT
[#11]
So far, it doesn't look like there will be any negative changes for me and my wife.  She is on disability and Medicare, so Tricare for Life has been a good deal for her. And Tricare has treated me pretty good all things considered. We dropped Prime years ago because of some limitations in providers at that time, I may look back into it again though. There isn't a base hospital anywhere near here and I have to be vocal about having been lucky enough to avoid the local VA hospital, so far...
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 5:24:31 PM EDT
[#12]
We have standard and all my wife and family pays is deductibles.

I go to the VA for free

We even get to use our old family doctor as he is in the network.

Am I missing something?

We have tricare standard and don't pay any monthly fees 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top