Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2017 1:05:30 PM EDT
So this guy is rumored to be a stolen valor guy, claiming to be a SEAL.  My barber and I were discussing it yesterday.  He came in my place of work to inquire about a few things.  He told me his grandfather died and left the family fortune to him, and he had bought 6,000 acres of land nearby.  (That would take some SERIOUS money around here)  He apparently claimed to my barber (a close friend of mine and former co-worker) that he had earned 2 purple hearts and 1 Navy Cross.  I can't find either on the various valor sites.

Here's his facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/brallq

Myspace: https://myspace.com/brallq

Anyone know if he is legit or not?

(In transparency, I was never military - this guy's story just seems odd)
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 3:51:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Contact Don Shipley
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 4:02:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So this guy is rumored to be a stolen valor guy, claiming to be a SEAL.  My barber and I were discussing it yesterday.  He came in my place of work to inquire about a few things.  He told me his grandfather died and left the family fortune to him, and he had bought 6,000 acres of land nearby.  (That would take some SERIOUS money around here)  He apparently claimed to my barber (a close friend of mine and former co-worker) that he had earned 2 purple hearts and 1 Navy Cross.  I can't find either on the various valor sites.

Here's his facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/brallq

Myspace: https://myspace.com/brallq

Anyone know if he is legit or not?

(In transparency, I was never military - this guy's story just seems odd)
View Quote

whats his full name
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 4:07:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Contact Don Shipley
View Quote
Thank you, I just checked out his site.  That said, money is tight and paying $20 to out a potential fraud isn't in my budget.  I understand why he has to charge, and am glad the money goes to a good cause though.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 4:09:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Thank you, I just checked out his site.  That said, money is tight and paying $20 to out a potential fraud isn't in my budget.  I understand why he has to charge, and am glad the money goes to a good cause though.
View Quote
Shoot me a PM with his full name and I'll look him up on my end, free of charge.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 4:09:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

whats his full name
View Quote
Where did the message/IM button go?  If you look at the first link, you'll his name.  The second link has a different name.  When he came in to my work, he presented himself as the name in the first link.  Same with my Barber.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 4:12:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Where did the message/IM button go?  If you look at the first link, you'll his name.  The second link has a different name.  When he came in to my work, he presented himself as the name in the first link.  Same with my Barber.
View Quote
Shawn Robinson doesn't come back with anything, at least not in Montana. If I had a middle name too, that might help.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 4:12:21 PM EDT
[#7]
IM sent
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 4:12:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Not seeing a Shawn Robinson on the NC list
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 4:17:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Shawn Robinson doesn't come back with anything, at least not in Montana. If I had a middle name too, that might help.
View Quote
Don't have a middle name.  He told me he was from Oklahoma and had spent time in Missouri.  That's all I've got
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 4:27:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Shawn D Robinson, age 42 - I think that's him
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 6:13:54 PM EDT
[#11]
In for results
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 7:27:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Once out of the military I haven't met anyone claiming to be a seal who really was one.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 8:53:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Shawn D Robinson, age 42 - I think that's him
View Quote
I've found a few different Shawn D Robinson's, only one is age 42 but he lives in Georgia and was in the Air Force. Only one served in the Navy, but for 4 years, and is age 49 so that's not him either.

The only Robinson who spent time in Oklahoma, died in 2011.

In conclusion, either your guy is full of shit, or he never filed a claim with the VA. Because I've tried all variations of the name and came up with only 6 name matches...none live in Montana.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 8:55:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Once out of the military I haven't met anyone claiming to be a seal who really was one.
View Quote
Agreed. They are quite rare, and during the 5.5 years I served as an active duty infantry bullet catcher, I only met 2 SEALs. One debriefed us on a sniper mission they were doing in some land we owned in Iraq, and another one did a prisoner exchange with us in Kosovo.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 5:55:16 PM EDT
[#15]
I reported it to the police because my barber said he had given him a free haircut in "thanks for his service".  Police apparently already have "suspicion of fraud" on this guy.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 6:00:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Stolen Valor...

Ain't nobody got no MySpace
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 3:11:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Pretty sure you can find just about every Navy Cross citation online. That should be a dead giveaway right there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top