User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 11:47:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My favorite is how many vets portray themselves as "operator as fuck" with their multicam hats with Velcro on the front (US Flag either on or off), 5.11 apparel, etc.
View Quote

There are plenty of folks on this site with full armor, kevlars, nvgs, etc, many of whom have not served. I don't think wearing an "operator hat" qualifies one as portraying "operator as fuck."
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 2:15:42 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Oh, I like that one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ask them how many weeks  they spent at MEPS training

Oh, I like that one.
Yeah, that one is pretty good.

Link Posted: 10/12/2016 2:31:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
What was your Basic Company? A-3-3-3
What was your AIT Class Number? 21-76

If he cannot Instantly produce either then he is a Poser.  I'm not sure how the One-Station-Training would go, but I'm positive there would be At Least either a Company or a Class Number.

Believe me: There are some things you just Never forget.
View Quote

Believe me, with enough time, you can forget.  I actually had to think about my basic number.  I have no fucking clue what my AIT number was.  Thirty years is a long fucking time.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 2:39:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Delta 556
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 12:38:14 PM EDT
[#5]
What's the color of the boat house......at MEPS?
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 5:04:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Ask him about the 900 year old doctor at MEPS.

If he doesn't immediately and subconsciously flinch, he's a poser.  Nobody forgets him.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 11:55:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

If he cannot Instantly produce either then he is a Poser.  I'm not sure how the One-Station-Training would go, but I'm positive there would be At Least either a Company or a Class Number.

View Quote

BCT B-2-3

AIT A-1-1

I have no idea what my class number was or if they had them in 1970

Link Posted: 10/18/2016 12:38:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I would fail a lot of these questions and I did 16 years. I don't remember class # from basic/AIT. Laundry # WTF is that?
I remember my Drill Sgts names, and join date. I had a break in service along with a crap ton of terminal leave so I don't remember my ETS date, a lot of guys do.

Posers are dicks, many of they guys calling out Posers come off as asses  themselves. He will say something stupid in front of a vet and be taken to task.
If you haven't serve let it pass for now.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 7:59:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

BCT B-2-3

AIT A-1-1

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

BCT B-2-3

AIT A-1-1

Your AIT Company is the same as the Class Number.

As far as Jump School:

Link Posted: 12/12/2016 4:52:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
some of these posers study up............ you really want to trip  them up

Ask them how many weeks  they spent at MEPS training

View Quote

LOL!!!

Funny thing is I had to go to MEPS six times by the time I shipped. With all of the BS involved with the Government mandated shuttle travel, over nighters in hotels, and the extremely long days when there, it kind of in a way felt like its own training haha.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 4:55:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

If he cannot <span style="font-style: italic;">Instantly produce either then he is a Poser.  I'm not sure how the One-Station-Training would go, but I'm positive there would be At Least either a Company or a Class Number.

View Quote

I don't remember my AIT class number and that was only a few years ago haha.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 9:57:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Ask him to produce a DD-214. If he can't he is full of poop!!!
View Quote

nice
Link Posted: 12/26/2016 1:07:34 AM EDT
[#13]
I am totally drawing a blank about what company I was in during OSUT (I sometimes remember this).  

DD 214, Lowes discount card (VA ID), random TA 50/RFI in the closet, pictures of them in service, stories only other vets would find funny and so on are ways to tell.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 11:20:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Ask him to produce a DD-214. If he can't he is full of poop!!!
View Quote

Not everyone keeps fresh copies lying around just to prove their service. Mine is somewhere at my parents house. Even if some co worker wanted to see it I could care less what some random person thinks. I won't go out of my way to prove anything to them.

Edit. But then again I don't go around bragging about shit. I served over 10 years ago. Nothing special. Just a regular grunt who bitched and moaned.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 4:57:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Not everyone keeps fresh copies lying around just to prove their service. Mine is somewhere at my parents house. Even if some co worker wanted to see it I could care less what some random person thinks. I won't go out of my way to prove anything to them.

Edit. But then again I don't go around bragging about shit. I served over 10 years ago. Nothing special. Just a regular grunt who bitched and moaned.
View Quote

I'm the same way.  I don't know where my DD214 is.  If I could find it I'd have dog tags next to my name...

I do have odd things like pictures, orders, old OERs etc.  but to be honest if someone demanded to see them, I'd just blow them off.  I have nothing to prove.  I did my part defending Colorado Springs against a Russian invasion in the late 90s.  I don't seek praise for accomplishing that mission.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 11:59:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Reservists get one at the end of AIT and when they get off 90+days orders or deployments.
View Quote

I did not get one until I deployed.

That said, if he's in, he'll have a .mil email address, so that should be simple enough.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 4:30:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Guess I'm a poser, I can't remember either.  Maybe it's oldtimers disease.
View Quote
Right?
I vaguely remember my basic/AIT company.

AIT Class Number... nopes.

Ask him what the color of the boat house was at Hereford.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 5:15:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

If he cannot <span style="font-style: italic;">Instantly produce either then he is a Poser.  I'm not sure how the One-Station-Training would go, but I'm positive there would be At Least either a Company or a Class Number.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I went to OSUT and dont remember any of that shit, nor do I care to.

Quoted:

You've been out less than 4 years and don't remember when you were deployed or the name of the cop/cob/fob?  Something is fishy.
Im still in and probably remember maybe 1/3 of the 15-20 COPs/FOBs ive been to.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 12:31:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
I never had an AIT class number. Back in the 80's, the 35H course was multi-force and located on an Air Force base.  We were self-paced and progressed as we completed blocks of instruction.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 12:36:00 PM EDT
[#20]
The MEPS one is probably the best or some variation of it, or some off the wall thing from bootcamp

Here a lot of Vets have the designation on their DL.

I think a lot of people don't really give a shit though. If someone doubted me, I wouldn't go out of my way to prove it to them.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top