Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/10/2013 1:41:45 PM EDT
Recently I have been having issues receiving my GI Bill benefits in a timely fashion.  For the first 4 months this year I received them like clock-work on the 1st.  Since then they have become sporadic with some of the payment being deposited one day and the rest another.  I haven't been paid this month at all and the date between payments has been longer than a month.  I called the VA, and they say they base it on a maturation date month to month, however it is over that date and the time allotted for processing.  Just wondering if any one else is having any trouble?
Link Posted: 7/10/2013 7:20:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I got mine just fine last semester. Not in school during the summer however.
Link Posted: 7/11/2013 5:54:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I think it is taken care of.  Let me share my experience for all who reads this.  There are two systems for receiving payments:  One that formulates and one that makes payments.  They communicate with one another once the system that formulates reaches maturity (which is typically 30 days).  Once your BAH reaches maturity, it is sent to the payment system where it takes three to five days to process.  After that processing time it pays out.  In my situation, the systems did not talk to each other and no payment was generated.  

Now, in a situation like this, for reasons I don't understand, it will take and additional 3 weeks to process on their end.  There is a hardship option you can ask for and that narrows the time down to roughly two weeks (real comical).  However, I had to explain my life story to them to be an applicant for it.  It appears as if the single Veteran will not be eligible because you simply "want your money."  That was not what was said but implied.  Sounds similar to the single Soldier plight if you ask me.  

Just thought I would share my experience and the things I learned.

Edit:  I called three time to get this taken care of and was given three different answers over the course of two weeks until this morning.
Link Posted: 7/11/2013 5:56:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Waiting a few months isn't uncommon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top