Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
3/20/2017 5:03:23 PM
Posted: 5/10/2002 6:09:59 AM EDT
The following information from Major Milavic's MILINET: "Gunny: Looking for eyewitness accounts of this bullet failing. We have the ear of high level DOD people and I'd like to keep this going." Note: Please contact Major Milavic directly at MAJUSMCRET@aol.com Anthony Milavic Maj USMC (Ret.) MILINET ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ MAJUSMCRET@aol.com To : gunnyg@hotmail.com Subject : Re: RECAP: Small Arms Performance In Afghanistan Date : Tue, 7 May 2002 07:35:04 EDT < > Reply Reply All Forward Delete Printer Friendly Version Gunny, Thanks for all these. Again, at this juncture I'm interested in combat testimonials of the lethality of the weapon. The M-16A2 is dependable and is accurate; those are NOT the issue. The issue is; does the cartridge--5.56mm--have consistant one-round knockdown power? All the evidence so far indicates that it does NOT. Also, reports from the field--COMBAT VETERANS--indicate that they want ONE-ROUND KOCKDOWN POWER because, in combat, a warrior fequently only gets the chance to put one round on the target. I would appreciate any and all combat reports on those elements of this issue with name, grade and service of the WITNESS. Thanks again for your help on this issue.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 7:24:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/12/2002 7:33:27 PM EDT by GunnyG]
Hey......hold on a minute, I was "GunnyG" first! Before that I was just a lowly "SSgtUSMC". Of course, I should defer. You probably pinned on Gunny before I was in Kindergarten[}:D]! BTW, do you run the website about the history of the rank of Gunnery Sergeant? If it's your work, please allow me to say that it's great! On the freaky side, you don't drive a white Dodge van around the Newburgh NY area, proudly emblazoned with both the Eagle Globe and Anchor and your rank insignia, do you? Dave Geisert GySgt USMC VMGR 452, MAG 49 Det B Stewart ANGB, Newburgh NY
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 5:55:21 PM EDT
[url]http://www.angelfire.com/ca/dickg/gunny.html[/url] I thought I recognized the name!..... Still don't know about the Dodge van thing though...I see it about once a week going the other way. Semper Fi Dave
Top Top