Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/19/2002 1:05:51 PM EDT
Just came down on orders to be a AIT instructor, just rying to find out what it was like. career inhancement or not?
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 1:56:52 PM EDT
I wouldn't be concerned that it's a TDA assignment since any job that you do good in would be career enhancing. My first TDA slot was 4 years in MACOM staff (USASOC '96-'00), and then I came over here into ANOTHER staff position, Brigade staff. Prior to that I had 13 years in Division's, 82d/7th/2d, and a recruiting tour. If the intel about me and next weeks -8 list is true, then those pogue slots are something you must deal with, but won't hurt you as long as you do a good job. My partner here has been in the same TDA slot for the past 7 years(!!!), and he too is in the same intel report as me concerning the MSG list, and he's got 17.5 years in service. By the way, I was Avionics until I pinned E-7 in '97, then I became a 35W, Signal-type. I spent 4 years in D (AMC), 82d Avn, '85-'89. Chris
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 2:14:00 PM EDT
Hope the Intel is true about you making the 8 list. I am just wondering about this. I you always hear that the duds get stuck in the school house and after spending 8 yrs in the 82d and 1 yr in Korea I am looking forward to a slower pace (but looking forward to putting my knees in the breeze after the assignment). I am currently the S-3 air in D (AMC). We are in the process in standing up as an ASB. What part of Korea are you in? I just want my chance to be good at making 7 when the time comes. Keep in touch never hurts having to many friends. Tried to email but came back
Top Top