Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2002 8:35:48 PM EDT
I already posted in the tacked portion of this thread but I'll repost it encase some of my brothers have missed it.

I am looking for information on departments who offer supplemental salaries for their officers who are in the military.  This salary would go towards making up the differance in parities between military and civilian pay scales.

This inforamtion will be submitted to my Administration for evaluation at our next Employee Action Committee.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 8:24:56 AM EDT
[#1]
It is state law here that public employees be given 30 military leave days per calender year. This pays my regular LE salary in addition to the military paycheck.

I have it in writing after 09-11 that if I was to be called to active service as a result of the 11th, the County was going to continue to pay my regular salary even after the military leave and my other benefit time was expended.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 11:21:41 AM EDT
[#2]
My department gave me an additional 15 days pay for mobilization (15 paid days per year are required by Indiana state law) and would have made up the difference between military and police pay if I hadn't made as much money while activated.  My family members are still eligible for insurance at the same cost to me that I pay on a monthly basis.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top