Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2001 12:53:26 PM EDT
After college (2 years left) i am considering either joining the local PD or Marshals service. How difficult is it to be accepted? what kind of training would they put me through?
thanks
Mike

[edited for the "L"]
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 2:00:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey Shrike!

Go to the following web site: [url]http://www.usdoj.gov/marshals/[/url]

To the left side, right at the top is a link to "Want To Be A Deputy?"

Lottsa stuff there.  I hope that helps you out.

Dave G
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 2:06:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 8:33:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Marshal, as in Deputy U.S. Marshal has only one "L"...

Believe me, some Deputies will make a big deal of this...

For the record, the USMS has a huge backlog of personnel that took the test last year, and they will be working off that list for several years...maybe as many as 3-4 years..so if you did not test last year there are only two other ways to get on in the near future...

Once a year or so, the USMS allows status candidates, or admin, secretarial types, to apply for a DUSM position without taking the test....this is one way, to become an admin employee, and then apply from the inside.

Another, is if they offer a special program again designed specifically for a particular group of hires ...  i.e. "Operation Shining Star" in 1999, they only tested and interviewed separating military members..

Good luck..
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 6:15:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you. I appreciate the advice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top