Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 7:27:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Thursday is pay day. Will have a check in the mail by then. A small price to honor our fellow AR15.comers.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 7:32:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Lordtrader:

I made a post to this effect on the 2nd page...  The address and payment info is given.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 8:13:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm with Ray on this one. Although awards show great respect for the Men & Women in uniform.Hard Times are coming.And any funds collected should be sent to those that really need it.Your outpouring of LOVE & GOODWILL is all that is needed for EVERYONE working here.If you care to give anything please help the CHILDREN that lost ONE or even BOTH of thier Parents. For they are the true "SURVIVORS OF THE SHEILD"

Everyone's spirits are still high here. For we know there is going to be a Miracle here & that we will still get someone out alive.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 8:21:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 8:25:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 8:46:16 PM EDT
[#6]
sent

Aviator  [img]www.dredgeearthfirst.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 8:57:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Sending out check on payday.

To the NY crew, thank you for the job you are doing.

Aggie1
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 9:14:12 PM EDT
[#8]
_paypal sent_

Guys, I am so happy to do this.  It's nice to give something extra, that you know will benefit those who have worked so hard through this tragedy, and I just hope that they will accept, and enjoy these, and keep them in the spirit in which they will be given.  

If any of you need any more justification for digging deep.... think of all the education gained from this board.  Think of all the money you have saved, because of the knowledge you have gained, and the good deals found here in the exchange.  I know I have saved tons because I didn't have to learn it all through trial and error.... and I choose to put those savings to the best use possible.... honoring some very special members of this board.
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 4:59:08 AM EDT
[#9]
We're all so proud of you guys!  This is the LEAST we can do for you...

wannabe
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 5:51:44 AM EDT
[#10]
[center][size=3][blue]WaveRunner[/blue] -- [blue]NYShooter[/blue] -- [blue]Ronin45[/blue] -- [blue]Palmer[/blue] -- [blue]Hunduh[/blue][/size=3][/center]
View Quote

These are the men being honored by our gifts.  If there are any others that we have somehow forgotten, then [u]PLEASE[/u] contact me and/or GoatBoy, so we can include them in this.

It's very difficult for us to be able to keep track of each and every one of you, but with all of us pulling together, we will se that no one is left out!

Again, my sincerest appreciation to all of the members that are making this possible.

Thank you,

Tim Greene
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 6:04:19 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm very pleased to report that we now have 5 contributing members in the $100+ club...

Link Posted: 9/18/2001 7:14:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Someone posted something about NYPD doing this for "overtime pay" ...You have a lot of nerve.  All of us have been there every day, every minute of our free time, looking for victims, fallen friends, evidence, and even little personal things that may be returned to the family of a victim one day.

We are only going home to sleep for 3 hours or so which is hard in and of itself to fall asleep, take a shower and go back in the pile.

Someone else said that this is part of our job and what we signed on to do.  Oh really?  for the miserable paychecks that we see, did we sign on to lose our lives and leave our children fatherless?  Its just what we do, not by contract, but by something inside us.

I left long enough yesterday to go to St. Patricks Cathedral for the Police/Fire/EMS mass because I felt I had to be there.  It was moving to say the least, to sit there with Firemen (mostly) that I had never met, and hold hands, and cry, with firemen and cops whom I dont even know (NYC is a big place).

I havent seen John (Ronin)since the morning right after the collapse, but I hear on this board that hes ok and right in the middle of the shit because he is ESU and better prepared for this that regular patrol guys like myself.  We regular patrol guys are doing "the bucket brigade" which is basically hundreds of guys who are looking for airplane parts, body parts (there are many), and evidence, picking up anything that can be carried out by hand.

This is my first (second?) chance to go online since the collapse because we are all coming home with 4 hours to be back at work.  Sleeping is hard to do. We have all been putting in 16-20 hour days.  I can spend sometime online today because it is my first day off since that morning.  I was on vacation but came in as soon as I saw the news Tuesday morning at 9:30.  Like I said today is my first day off....The NYPD has decided to force us to take our days off because it doesnt want to pay out any more overtime.

And to the clown who said this is what we signed on to do, and its because of all the overtime.....Today and tomorrow are my FORCED days off, and I am going back into the pile for a 7PM to 12AM....thats AT MINIMUM 34 hours of 'work'  on my 'DAYS OFF' with, as my wonderful NYPD puts it, 'no compensation'.

Just a quick funny story......I was sitting down to eat two days ago, talking to one of my Sgt's, and all of a sudden, everyone around us was laughing and pointing at me.  I asked what was so funny, and they told me that while in the middle of a sentence, I fell asleep, my chin hit my chest, helmet fell off, and the noise woke me up, I snapped my head back up and finished my sentence right from where I had left off....to the word.  Not even knowing I had fallen asleep. hehehe a little something that brought a lot of needed smiles to peoples faces.....

Anyways everyone, I know Im babbling, and as soon as I see John, I will tell him that he has been the topic of many many posts, and please continue the support for the rescue workers, your kind  words help keep us going.  This is the first time the NYPD has felt appreciated in my 5 years....with all the bad press we get.  Its a really wonderful feeling.

Anyone know of any FDNY firemen that are members of this board?  They are the true heros here and they suffered staggering losses.  God Bless them all...They are MY heros!!

edited to make sense and repair fragmented thoughts......
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 7:47:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Hunduh: Contact me immediately at 217-223-5082
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 8:15:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Im getting offline right now to call you.  It may take a few mins because my home phone will only give me an all circuts are busy message for long distance and my cell phone is also not working right because of the tower....MCI SUCKS!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 8:31:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 8:43:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Can someone update me on where can I send my check to? or an online site wich accept credit card?

Never mind, I found it:

Castle Arms, Inc.
401 South Front Street
Quincy, IL 62301
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 9:09:09 AM EDT
[#17]

[url]www.paypal.com[/url]

Please send it to me, using this address: [email protected]

Also, a number of you have requested to send checks or money orders...  If you would be kind enough to drop me an email with the amount pledged, I can keep the front page updated with a greater level of accuracy. Bigger numbers will "hopefully" entice more membership participation in this.

Thanks again!  [:)]
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 9:24:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Ok, I just spoke to AntiUSSA, then I called John (Ronin) at home, spoke to his wife and he is sound asleep.  He's Ok, just exhausted.  He has to be back in a few hours as well, but she said she would relay the message that his concerned friends at AR15.com were worried about him.....Like all of us, time to ourselves has been zero this week.....

And when we have time, I am going to make sure that we all get together and have beer....or 12

Waverunner, drop me an email so I can get your home phone number....Weve spoken before but now we had better get together.....  
                            Steven (114)
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 9:26:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Come on guys... in one day we are a third of the way there!
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 9:33:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Nothing taken away from you NY Finest, Waverunner, Hunduh and Co. but I am also thinking about those death officers and Firefighters. Can we do something for them and their families?  This is what I am going to do.  I will split my pledge of $500.00 half and half. $250.00 toward the heroes funds and the other $250.00 toward the families of the fallen ones.
Can anyone find out where I can send the other half to?

Please don't forget the fallen ones.
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 10:00:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 10:38:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 10:44:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Waverunner is on the phone right now, and says he is at a footpost at the corner Church St and Murray St.

He says that he would welcome ANY members in the area that would like to come down and pester him...  He says bring to lots of Amstel Light and that open carry of firearms is okay right now! [:D]

Link Posted: 9/18/2001 10:44:54 AM EDT
[#24]
I have already made a coupla small donations...one at St Patricks Cathedral last night....but I will definitely be making another one for the Firemen.  Im not sure what it is called but I can find out later today from a fireman......I want to make a donation so that the children to the 350 plus firemen will be taken care of.....Like I said, they are the heros here...they suffered tremendous losses.
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 10:49:03 AM EDT
[#25]
If Waverunner is still on the phone let him know that Im gonna stop by to see him on my way in.....Probably around 6 ish........Look for the midget in the White Grand Cherokee with bullet holes in it..(just kiddin about the white part)
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 11:09:33 AM EDT
[#26]
Waverunner works from 0400 - 1600...

You can reach him on his cell phone though: 1-917-434-6207
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 12:39:37 PM EDT
[#27]
sent paypal.

Jeff

edited because I thought paypal still gave the cool referal bonuses without the red tape. i HAD a good idea.
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 12:46:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Hey I just sent some money.  But I have a brilliant idea, If you have no money to send just sign up to Paypal with tim as the referer, that gives him an instant $5, right?

Jeff
View Quote

Not anymore it doesn't...  You must make an initial deposit of $250 if I recall correctly.
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 1:49:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Pay Pal in the mail. e-mail that is.
And guys, we band of brothers and sisters we take care of our own. You jarheads out their know what I mean. Semper Fi
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 4:06:46 PM EDT
[#30]
This is wonderful!  Almost half way to FIVE rifles in just over 24 hours!

Waverunner, NYShooter, Ronin45, Palmer, Hunduh:

When I left work this evening, I turned towards the city, thought of you, and gave a salute.  

Be safe, get home to your families every chance you can, and remember we're here if you need anything - just call!
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 4:59:18 PM EDT
[#31]
2100 Hours EST 09/18/01

Just wanted to let everyone know (I'm not trying to take away from the NYFD's Fund in ANY way...PLEASE DONATE IN A SMALL WAY TO BOTH CHARITIES, before you even consider us!!!) that donations can also be sent to:

[b][blue][size=3]PBA Widows and Children's Fund
Patrolman's Benevolent Association
40 Fulton St. 17th Floor
NY, NY 10038-1850

Hotline (212) 298-9191[/b][/blue][/size=3]

I'm really tired right now...I 'm going to get some needed zzzz's.

Goodnight.

Ray
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 5:03:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Oh yeah I almost forgot...thanks everyone for calling in to say "HI".  It's greatly appreciated and it helps me to stay positive in light of the current situation.

Take care.
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 5:04:51 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm proud to be part of this group.  

Those workers in NYC have my deepest, sincere gratitude and respect. I will be giving what I can to the relief effort.

Personally, I will be laid off this week, due to these recent attacks, so funds will be an issue.

The members here, are truly the greatest people of a great nation.  You have restored my faith in this country.  

Those Goddamned terrorists don't stand a chance
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 5:07:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Update -- We're now at $1470.00
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 6:58:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Damn, things like this are what make me proud to be associated with such a fine group of people.  I have never met a group of people dedicated to eachother and so willing to participate in donations of this kind.  It really says something about you all, and I thank you for that.  It brings a tear to my eye to see everyone coming together for this.  

As soon as I get paypal setup, you better believe I will send something over to help out in the fund.  

I can't think of anyone who would deserve it more at a time like this other than the brave people who have put their lives on the line and dedicated their time to helping others.

God bless you all.
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 7:37:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Anti...check your e-mail. USPS MO on it's way.

Waverunner....have thought about giving you a call...but, I don't want to take even one second away from the job you're doing.

[b][red] THANKS TO YOU AND ALL THERE FOR YOUR EFFORTS!!! [/red][/b]

Link Posted: 9/18/2001 9:02:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Do you really think that after alll they went through, NYPD will give them any grief? HOw do you do paypal?
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 10:29:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Anti...check your e-mail. USPS MO on it's way.

Waverunner....have thought about giving you a call...but, I don't want to take even one second away from the job you're doing.

[b][red] THANKS TO YOU AND ALL THERE FOR YOUR EFFORTS!!! [/red][/b]

View Quote

Seriously, give me a call. Even though I'm busy, I'm not so busy ALL THE TIME! If I'm busy I'll keep it brief, but on occasion I have been able to BS with other board members for over 20+ minutes. Whoops, time to sign off this PC and start the drive back to work now!
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 2:06:14 AM EDT
[#39]
Ok, Im home from the dig......I made it a point to go find John (Ronin) and it took a while, but I found him.  He's fine.  He wouldnt beleive me when I told him that there were numerous posts regarding his whereabouts and his safety.

He said to say Hi to everyone and as soon as he gets a chance he will post, but like I said earlier, John is ESU (Emergency Services Unit).. aka The Boys With The Toys...so he is really in the middle of the shit.

While I climb around on top of the pile with a bucket and a shovel looking for evidence/body parts.......John has crawled into a 2 foot by 1 foot high hole and made his way down 4 floors underground looking for survivors..... sadly with no sucess.  He told me today that they had a thermal scanner down there and it was reading 1400 degrees in some places.....there will probably be no more survivors....The fire is still burning underground.  As a matter of fact tonight when we dug 1 foot down from the top of the pile, the smoke became unbearable and we had to move to a new location....

Just to give you an idea of what we are facing, tonight I worked with 150 other cops from many differnt departments and many different states, all of us on our own time.  150 cops dug for 9 hours before they made us go home due to the smoke condition.  In 9 hours we came up with a foot, and arm from the elbow down, and one somewhat complete body that we couldnt even get out because all of the 100 foot steel beams are still connected and we couldnt even find a crane big enough to lift them, they will have to be cut  into pieces.  Sorry if I was too graphic, but there are 5,500 people still in there..so far we have recovered 220 bodies ..where the hell are the rest?  There is a lot of rubble of course, but I think we were digging where the upper floors were, where most of the people were trapped....God only knows it will probably take a year before all the wreckage is removed......

I also need some advice here...One last thing that I found was a small journal, about 6 inches by 3 inches.  It has a mans name in it, he lived in NJ, and fortunately he wrote a message for a $250 reward if it was lost and returned to him, therefore I have his address and phone number. (And no I am NOT considering the reward!) I am just wondering if it would be appropriate to contact the family and see if they would like the journal...its not like a diary, just phone numbers, more like a date book.  But apparently it was important enough to the owner to offer a reward for its return.

The reason I took it home with me is that it was in a pile of debris headed for a dumptruck.  We are looking for evidence, bodies and the planes black box. Victims (invaluable) personal property such as papers, desk knick knacks, posters, shoes, keys, books, etc. are going in dumpsters with the rest of the dirt/concrete.  Think about it 2 110 floor buildings and a coupla 50 or 60 floor buildings all in one big pile....thats a lot of papers and things.

Since the book has an owners name address and phone number, do you think that I should do it?  Maybe i can check one of those websites that list missing persons, to see if he made it or not.....does anyone know of a website????

Please leave your 2 cents on this, I dont want to upset the family more than they already are.
Sorry about the long post....again...
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 3:55:23 AM EDT
[#40]
By all means, CALL THEM...  It will let this guys family know that YOU cared enough about them to do this, because it's the little things ([i]journals[/i]) that contribute to who we are.

Besides, it may have been left in his office, while he ran down the block!

[b]* The fund is at $1760.00 *[/b]
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 6:40:11 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 7:04:28 AM EDT
[#42]
[b]$1785.00[/b]

We're a little over half of the way there! [:)]
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 8:45:47 AM EDT
[#43]
Here is an example of the artwork I'm working on for the rifles:

[img]http://www.castle-arms.com/hero/hero.jpg[/img]

Please let me know what you all think, as I want your feedback!
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 8:50:56 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 9:02:24 AM EDT
[#45]
I like it too anti.  I like the "freedom" message as well.

Might I ask one thing?  What configuration are these rifles going to be in?  I dont know if you were planning a LEO only config, since they are all LEO's, but I would like to make sure they are rifles they could keep forever, should they ever choose to change professions.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 9:08:15 AM EDT
[#46]
These will be very customized in as near an LEO configuration as possible ([i]with a twist of course[/i]), but will be fully post-ban compliant.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 9:53:39 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 11:16:25 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 1:35:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Just spoke to John ( Ronin45 ), I told him about the great response from all of you here and he was very touched by all the concern for the guys and asked me to send his sincere gratitude to all of you.

I'm just going to share a couple of things from my conversation with him .

He first told me that no one should ever have to see the things he has seen down there , thankfully the media has cleaned up alot of the reporting because many of our citizens , firefighters and police Officers died horrible deaths .

He told me how he had been in a void searching for people and had come out ( no survivors )covered with dust and grime and was handed a bottle of water and sat on a bucket when he looked up in the sky and saw a couple of jets flying CAP overhead and thought to himself how he would have never imagined a day when he would see military jets protecting the city .

He told me that ESU had brought a wife and child of one of the missing ESU Officers and the child a small boy approached him and asked him " are you going to find my father ?" .  This really hit John very hard , I can't say enough about the sacrifice our guys are making down there.

If you  have a moment please say a prayer not only for those heroes and innocent citizens we have lost but to those very brave men and women in uniform not only risking there lives but for the horror they will have to carry with them the rest of there lives .

God Bless America

Link Posted: 9/19/2001 4:41:17 PM EDT
[#50]
2030 Hours:

Finally, 3 days off.  We've all been going full-tilt/balls to the wall since this happened.  I really need the time away from "Ground Hero" to actually sit back and reflect on all that has happened in the past week.  I'm just a regular patrol officer unlike Ronin45 so he's seeing way more bad stuff than I am.  

A board member from the Netherlands - "olycar15NL" (Spelling?) had his son talk to me on the phone today.  I couldn't help but think how lucky these kids are that they really don't fully understand what is going on here...

I intend to relax and enjoy the time with my family and friends as much as possible, especially my girlfriend who has been a saint so far with this horribly insane work schedule.
I must be getting soft or something but everyone make sure you tell the people you love that you love them.  

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top