Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/12/2006 7:49:37 PM EDT
I need to come up with a pouch / bag to hold about 4 20 round AR15 mags, to keep in the unit. I want something I can grab when the SHTF and I need to grab my patrol carbine and go.
What are you guys using to keep extra mags at hand?

Thanks
The-Duck
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:43:13 AM EDT
[#1]
any reason you dont want to use 30rd mags?

You could always go to the surplus store and buy a Military LBE and then you could have something you could throw on very quickly with lots of mags and other important equiptment.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 4:25:00 PM EDT
[#2]
what about just inserting some wooden blocks in the bottom of existing 30 round pouches? this would keep them at the necessary height to remove quickly and easily.

With all the room that you would need to make up for, you could even make the wooden block spacers a little shorter and add some really cool mag pull thingies!

Or!!!! what about just getting some strong thread and sewing up the mag pouches halfway so that the shorter 20 round mags dont fall to the bottom of the pouch!
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:24:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Our dept. encourgages the use of 20 round mags, but they don't tell us we can't use 30 rounders.
I had thought about using modified 30 round pouches, but just looking for ideas.

The-Duck
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:34:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Our dept. encourgages the use of 20 round mags, but they don't tell us we can't use 30 rounders.
I had thought about using modified 30 round pouches, but just looking for ideas.

The-Duck

I just picked up some reproduction/copies/knockoff 20 round mag pouches from my local Army suprlus store.

Blackhawk has a 2 mag pouch

The Active Shooters bag at Eagle might work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top