Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/5/2006 5:20:08 PM EDT
I bought a Glock 23. I will be using it for part time police work. What is the best advise on a holster for a duty belt.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:29:24 PM EDT
If you're talking open carry duty belt, you have a lot of choices.

The main choice is what kind of retention device you want. I have grown to like the Safariland SLS holsters linky

I carry a 21 in an SLS for open duty, and a 23 in a aker belt holster for concealed
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 2:48:55 AM EDT
I've always liked Safariland for duty holsters. I stayed with thumb snaps until I got an M3 light for my Glock, then went with the SLS holster that holds the pistol with the light mounted. Had to warm up to the SLS but now that I'm used to it I like it.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:47:24 AM EDT
Open carry duty belt I say the Safarliand 6280 is the way to go.
One of the great things about the 23 is it works well for both duty and off-duty concealing, I like my Blackhawk IWB holster the best for off-duty. Lots of options there too especially for Glock people. I carry an HK P2000 but it is about the same size as a Glock 23 so concealment ends up being about the same.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 1:04:12 PM EDT
I carry the Safariland with the locking hood that's been mentioned here. Great durability, and a really quick draw. Retention is exellent because there is not snap to come undone in a scuffle.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:52:46 PM EDT
If you're talking about plain clothes work, I highly recommend a Kramer belt scabbard. The most comfortable holster I've ever used. I love em and have one for every GLOCK I own. Not cheap but not over the top expensive either.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 12:18:13 PM EDT
I want to thank you guys for the info. Safariland it is!!!
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 4:49:37 PM EDT
I've got a level three safariland raptor and I love it, but it took a little more practice than the level two, but it's just as quick.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 3:55:11 AM EDT
I carry my 1911 in a BlackHawk SERPA holster & I love it. It locks the weapon in & it has a release button where your finger should be when pulling it out. I think I paid about $35.00 for it & it comes in a few different colors. Mines O.D. green.

I spent lots of money on about 5 types of holstes before finding it. I wish I had tried it 1st.

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:39:12 AM EDT
I see you made up your mind already but +1 for Safariland. Our organization frowns on privately bought holsters, but I got one anyway. Best money I ever spent on a piece of kit.
Top Top