Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2006 10:53:17 AM EDT
One of our guys was shot in the head today while trying to serve a warrant on a rape suspect at the suspect's residence. The officer was struck in the head and luckily survived. At last word he couldn't speak, but was able to communicate via written message. He should still be in surgery at this time. They are saying that his injuries are non life-threatening at this time.

SWAT is on scene and things are developing

Update:

Officer is out of surgery and things are looking good.  One of the media outlets stated the round actually penetrated his skull (we knew he had been shot in the forehead) and the round was sitting in his frontal lobe. I'll find out if that is true or not later on.

Update #2:

Officer was shot in the temple, not the forehead. Suspect still held up in his residence

Update #3:

Everything is over now.  Officer is still recovering and none of us will be able to see him until probably tomorrow.

The suspect was finally forced out of the residence when gas was put in.  When he came out, he pulled a handgun and fired a shot which struck another officer in the head.  This officer was wearing a helmet though (no injury that I know of).  The suspect was then shot several times and is in the hospital awaiting clearance and then off to jail he goes.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 11:04:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Prayer sent up for him and his family... May swift justice be brought to the piece of crap who shot him...
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 12:41:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Any word on the P.O.S. holed up in the house?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 12:42:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Ought to let SWAT go in there and kill the bastard.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 12:43:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 2:43:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Prayers sent and unleash SWAT.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:00:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Prayer sent.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:10:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Prayer sent......God must've been smiling upon him at just the right time!  Ironic since I clicked on this post just after finishing reading my newly received Caliber Press (now PoliceOne) newsletter detailing the survival mindset upon receiving grievous wounds.  God Speed.  Stay safe!
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:19:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Prayers

BTT
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:28:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:34:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Prayer sent.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:39:23 PM EDT
[#11]
My prayers go out to you and good luck on taking in the bad guy.

Stay safe!
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:51:56 PM EDT
[#12]
My prayers are there for the officer and hopefully the "subject" will get his just desserts!!!
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:09:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Heard second hand stories that the suspect did a "superman" leap off the back porch of the house when he cranked off the shot that hit the 2nd officer and was hitting by a different officer several times as he was going through the air.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:12:34 PM EDT
[#14]
usually I'm ok with killing the bastard but to be honest he's been shot up AND he goes to jail to get assraped......maybe there is such a thing as karma.  I hope he was gutshot and he needs a colostomy bag, that'd be fun to deal with in prison
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:14:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Geez, I just read this now.  Glad to hear that both officers will be okay physically.  Too bad the taxpayers will have to pay for this turd's trial.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:30:03 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
usually I'm ok with killing the bastard but to be honest he's been shot up AND he goes to jail to get assraped......maybe there is such a thing as karma.  I hope he was gutshot and he needs a colostomy bag, that'd be fun to deal with in prison

If he gets a colostomy, I guess his asshole   becomes nothing butt  a cum dumpster, he deserves every load he will get. I hope all is well with the officers, prayers sent.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top