Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2006 9:48:12 PM EDT
I got screwed by a guy who was doing some computer consulting work for me and my small mortage business.  I contracted him to develop an in-house underwriting program, paid him half the fee upfront (as agreed with the other half at completion) and he has apparently skipped town.

He came recommended by a close associate of mine so this was not expected.  

I'd like to know if there is anyway to find out if he is using a different name or conducting business under a different name.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 11:44:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Try an internet search on google.  
Try this one:  www.crimetime.com
It's a free search engine, click on free searches
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:33:20 AM EDT
[#2]
also it is a big nono for us leo's to give out certain info to non leos.  esspecially over the internet.  obviously i dont think you would do this, but it is possible you go kill him if we gave you the info.  try google, or publicdata.com    unless you have a police buddy that owes you a favor i dont think too many leos here will be able to help.  sorry bro
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:19:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks fellas.  I wasn't looking for anyone to do me a favor, just get me started in the right direction.  I've tried google, but haven't even heard of the other two sites.  Maybe I can get some info there.

I do have a buddy on the Dallas PD.  After I do my own research, maybe I'll give him a hollar.

Again thanks guys, I appreciate it AND the job you do.  Please stay safe....

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:06:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Wish I could help you out man.  I would be f-ing pissed.

good luck
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:44:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Try www.zabasearch.com.  For that matter, run your own name and SSN through zabasearch.  You'll be amazed how much information about you is available on the internet.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:39:13 PM EDT
[#6]
We have some resident PI's on the board, hit a few of them up.  Wouldn't cost much for some basic information.  Whatever name he used and his known addresses are great starting points.  You made payment, I assume by check?  Check was cashed somewhere, likely a bank.....bingo!  All the information you could ever want, but not accessable by the layman.  You can answer a few basic questions you asked yourself by going down to the county clerks/city admin offices are running the indexes for his company name, alias name under Assumed Names/DBA's.  This will give you names and addresses, cross check the same info in the indexes.  That may give you more.  As long as you are there, check the othe indexes.  You are in TX, get somebody to run his info/TDL through Zebec.

What city area we talking about here anyway???
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:33:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Try asking for some more information from the person who recommended the contractor. Also, check with your better business bureau, or your state or local business licensure agency.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:48:34 PM EDT
[#8]
sue him in small clains court.As part of the procedings you can subpeana (spelling?) the bank records.If you win,you can attatch that,and any other bank accounts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top