Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2006 9:38:43 PM EDT
I work 3-11 as a Sgt. Our day started with an intoxicated male in the local Wal-Mart breaking things. Simple arrest with two of my officers, Then a stolen vehicle take down in which we shut down I-40 and assisted the ASP. Three in custody stolen car from Pheonix. Night went pretty slow until the last hour and then a call of a suspcious male parked, darked out in the street. We arrive and find Mr. tough guy watching his girlfriends parent house. Ask him to step out of the car and keep his hands in view and out of his pockets. He could not keep his hand out of his rear pocket. He was cuffed and a pat down revealed a loaded 32 derringer in that pocket. He wanted to know why we were picking on him.  Turns out he has been suffering from depression and his girlfriend had walked awy earlier in the day and left with an ex. He would not admit it but I think he was going to shoot her, the ex, and or himself. I feel like we actually accomplished something arresting him, even if the courts let him go. I also think that since the provision is there to have a CCW permit in my state, violation of that should be a felony instead of the misdemenaor it is.

Sorry for the rant, just trying to wind down.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:53:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Just strarted, so far I've got a unit out at the gas station with 15 or so UDAs.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:19:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Working 11 to 7. I'm vetting paperwork.  It's raining like heck here, the parking garage is flooded.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:33:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Worked 6pm to 6AM (off in 30 more minutes)... Stopped two cars, wrote one citation... and spent the rest of the shift looking for a fugstick that is wanted by GBI for questioning in several recent rapes in two counties. No luck...
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:47:35 AM EDT
[#4]
We got in a pursuit this morning at 0445hrs and my new K-9 got her first apprehension.  Very happy with the way she performed!
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:08:57 AM EDT
[#5]
What part of Arkansas are you from? You can PM me if you want.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:29:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Worked 1600-0400.  Boring sunday night.  I got to go about 20 miles away with my K-9 to assist them.  My K-9 found a couple pounds of marijuana in the car and a little bit of cocaine.

I stopped a few cars for speed and that was it.  

Very slow night.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:32:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Just ended my shift.  Caught 3 juveniles with a 44 magnum that robbed a transient in a bus terminal.  It is always fun to catch the bad guys.
Be Safe
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:18:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Got up early for two court appearances. Both ended up being cancelled after I got there. Had one crash after our heavy snow started. A foot pursuit of a serious assault suspect, in the snow. The "brain surgeon" had no idea how I found him. Found four cars off the road on the way back from the jail. Finished with a false fire alarm in the High School.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:50:07 AM EDT
[#9]

Neglect Abuse Investigation Ends in Arrest
Woodville- The Leon County Sheriff's Office arrested a Woodville man in connection to a neglect investigation over the weekend. Deputies responded to a southern Leon County residence on Saturday to assist the Department of Children and Families with the removal of children from a residence in response to a neglect complaint. Later in the day the deputies were called back to the residence when neighbors reported seeing the children back at the residence.  

According to reports, as deputies and DCF investigators approached the residence they were overcome with the smell of garbage and feces. Deputies contacted a disabled resident inside. The disabled resident told them that she has not been able to leave the home for three to four years and has been immobile for two to three of those years. She told deputies she had been in the same location in the home for about a year. Deputies found the disabled woman lying unclothed on a three feet tall pile of trash with nothing more than a sheet to cover her. Deputies reports reflect the interior of the home was covered in trash piles some six feet tall. They also reported the suspected presence of human feces on and around the disabled woman. Deputies reports indicate the trash and suspected human and animal waste was not contained to the room the disabled woman was in. They discovered the toilet and bath tub were both full of suspected human waste with the toilet overflowing the top approximately two feet. Deputies also reported she had bruising, open sores, and suspected bug bites about her body. Deputies, along with a DCF investigator, summonsed an ambulance and transported the disabled woman to an area hospital for medical care and treatment.  

Leon County Animal Control and the Tallahassee Fire Department both responded and assisted with the investigation.  

The husband of the disabled woman came back to the home while deputies were on scene. Based on evidence on the scene and following interviews, he was charged with Child Neglect and Neglect of the Disabled and booked into the Leon County Jail.

I had a hand in this. Trust me, the story is cleaned up a good bit for the news release.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top