Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/18/2006 1:22:49 PM EDT
I did. On foot patrol around our local Irish Pub all night. They charged a $10.00 cover, hired a private security company instead of their normal bartenders. unfortnately the rent a cops were less effective than the normal bouncers who are actually a pretty good crew.

Only two fights all night. A drunk woman who losty her wallet attacked another woman who she wrongly belived had her wallet. Then after closing a very intoxicated woman slapped one of our officers when he tried to arrange for a ride home for her. She got a ride to jail instead.

Had three fatal TCs in neighboring areas but none in my area.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:24:31 PM EDT
I assumed we all did......LOL
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:24:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/18/2006 2:25:20 PM EDT by Tango7]
I did - and I only did a very subtle modern/urban irish brogue on the radio once, when returnin' from the hospital.

As much as the quad would have gotten a laugh out of "Paddy" "returnin' in service this foine day" our Chief has a negative score on the sense of humor scale.

ETA - very surprisingly, our Station 2 is right down the street from a restaurant/bar with a very irish name, and we had NO calls there.

First time in about 6 years. Top of the mornin' to ya!
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:57:22 PM EDT
we did a roadblock and locked up some folks, only one irish person the rest were going from the Nickelback concert
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:04:39 PM EDT
I worked. No trouble with drunks but had some weird calls.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:17:23 PM EDT
We were busier that a cat covering shit.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:24:54 PM EDT
I did ......... couple of medial calls & couple o' fire alarms, nothing spectacular. Actually working another 24 again today - unfortunately not overtime, just a shift exchange.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:36:35 PM EDT
I did

See my St. Patty's Day post
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:41:57 AM EDT
I did...

...special assignment at the range all day with our basic academy. It was their "fun" day after getting qualified the day before, so we ran them through some cool drills - barricades, cover, run and gun, long range marksmanship.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:39:16 AM EDT
I did. Right after I hooked a drunk for driving on his right front rim (shredded the tire) I missed a robbery/shooting. I was right around the corner when I made the arrest.

We had a pretty busy night
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:48:31 AM EDT
green beer night, pretty slow for St. Pats. Some fights, some drunks, stupid amature drinkers.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:53:22 PM EDT
Had a reasonably busy night, couple of bar calls, lots of drunk parties, and some stupid driving stunts. Ended the shift off with a felony DV assault and meth possession arrest.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:54:18 AM EDT
Same shit, different colored beer.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:09:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/20/2006 4:10:04 PM EDT by highdraglowspeed]
Violent night. Just not as many DUI's as expected. Lots-O'DV's

Saw a leperchan (hat and shoes and all) take a face plant as he was running from the bar. Luckily it was in the grass. He got up and ran off into the night. He did throw a few F bombs at the traffic that was honking at him as he ran down the sidewalk. Other than that nothing more than another busy night.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:09:46 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Seneca-Cayuga:
We were busier that a cat covering shit.

+1

We had some drunk kids in a vehicle stop. One of the 16 yr old girls has to be one of the meanest nastiest people I have ever met. when her parents arrived, I found the apple didn't fall far from the tree.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:53:16 PM EDT
I've found that to be the case many times over. We sometimes have 3-4 members of the same family in jail at the same time, and usually their arrests are unrelated to each other. Go figure.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 11:47:39 PM EDT
Lucked out, OT Day shift, traffic detail. Got to love Over Time
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:29:26 PM EDT
Work on St. Paddys? I work everyday, or should I say night! But no troubles from anyone and in fact hardly saw another soul. Of course I sit on an airfield all night and if we see eachother and you aren't wearing a matching uniform, we, or should I say, you have a problem :)
Top Top