Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2006 1:22:49 PM EDT
I did.  On foot patrol around our local Irish Pub all night.  They charged a $10.00 cover, hired a private security company instead of their normal bartenders.  unfortnately the rent a cops were less effective than the normal bouncers who are actually a pretty good crew.

Only two fights all night.  A drunk woman who losty her wallet attacked another woman who she wrongly belived had her wallet.  Then after closing a very intoxicated woman slapped one of our officers when he tried to arrange for a ride home for her. She got a ride to jail instead.

Had three fatal TCs in neighboring areas but none in my area.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:24:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I assumed we all did......LOL
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:24:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I did - and I only did a very subtle modern/urban irish brogue on the radio once, when returnin' from the hospital.

As much as the quad would have gotten a laugh out of "Paddy" "returnin' in service this foine day" our Chief has a negative score on the sense of humor scale.

ETA - very surprisingly, our Station 2 is right down the street from a restaurant/bar with a very irish name, and we had NO calls there.

First time in about 6 years. Top of the mornin' to ya!
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:57:22 PM EDT
[#3]
we did a roadblock and locked up some folks, only one irish person the rest were going from the Nickelback concert
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:04:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I worked. No trouble with drunks but had some weird calls.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:17:23 PM EDT
[#5]
We were busier that a cat covering shit.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:24:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I did ......... couple of medial calls & couple o' fire alarms, nothing spectacular. Actually working another 24 again today - unfortunately not overtime, just a shift exchange.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:36:35 PM EDT
[#7]
I did

See my St. Patty's Day post
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:41:57 AM EDT
[#8]
I did...

...special assignment at the range all day with our basic academy.  It was their "fun" day after getting qualified the day before, so we ran them through some cool drills - barricades, cover, run and gun, long range marksmanship.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:39:16 AM EDT
[#9]
I did. Right after I hooked a drunk for driving on his right front rim (shredded the tire) I missed a robbery/shooting.   I was right around the corner when I made the arrest.

We had a pretty busy night
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:48:31 AM EDT
[#10]
green beer night, pretty slow for St. Pats.  Some fights, some drunks, stupid amature drinkers.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:53:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Had a reasonably busy night, couple of bar calls, lots of drunk parties, and some stupid driving stunts.  Ended the shift off with a felony DV assault and meth possession arrest.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:54:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Same shit, different colored beer.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:09:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Violent night.  Just not as many DUI's as expected.  Lots-O'DV's

Saw a leperchan (hat and shoes and all) take a face plant as he was running from the bar.  Luckily it was in the grass.  He got up and ran off into the night.  He did throw a few F bombs at the traffic that was honking at him as he ran down the sidewalk.  Other than that nothing more than another busy night.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:09:46 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
We were busier that a cat covering shit.

+1

We had some drunk kids in a vehicle stop. One of the 16 yr old girls has to be one of the meanest nastiest people I have ever met. when her parents arrived, I found the apple didn't fall far from the tree.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:53:16 PM EDT
[#15]
I've found that to be the case many times over. We sometimes have 3-4 members of the same family in jail at the same time, and usually their arrests are unrelated to each other. Go figure.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 11:47:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Lucked out, OT Day shift, traffic detail.  Got to love Over Time
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:29:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Work on St. Paddys?  I work everyday, or should I say night!  But no troubles from anyone and in fact hardly saw another soul.  Of course I sit on an airfield all night and if we see eachother and you aren't wearing a matching uniform, we, or should I say, you have a problem :)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top