Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/17/2006 5:22:14 PM EDT
Being a private security co. I thought this to be the best form to post in.

I am looking into a job offer for Executive Protection with a company called Special Response http://www.specialresponse.com/

Anybody have Intel on these guys?

Contractor
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:16:20 PM EDT
Might want to ask that over on lightfighter.net, someone there will know.
Drop me an IM, and tell me about the job, I try to keep up with what the market is doing.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:07:36 AM EDT
There is a lot about them on the web.

Before I applied for my Fed job (still waiting to go ) militray.com job hunter website had sent some stuff to me. They are 'hiring' here in the Detroit area.

There is about 60% bad about them that I have found from people who:

a.) Never worked for them
b.) Were on the receiving end of their 'security'.
c.) Didn't like/ hang/ etc

The other 40% was praise from the companies that hired them, they have some large companies in their list of referrals. If you go to the website, and search those companies with the word 'Dispute' or 'Specail Response' there are a lot of news articles that come up where it was reported what the Special Response guys did.

They also have higher level, and also have Executive Protection, etc...There are SOO many companies like them out there. But it seems like they are the ones hitting the web the hardest. Also if you do some math, (different then they do it)..I think the pay can break down as little as $6.50 an hour.....Or way more. Just depends.

Let us know.

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:20:10 AM EDT
Those guys are another Wackenhut. Nothing wrong with what they do, but just expect to be a low wage earner. If you are looking for a high speed stateside PSD gig, keep looking.

Wackenhut does have a DOE security contract you may want to check out:
DOE SPO

Also, a better resource for domestic contractor gigs is: SOCNET

Good luck.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:17:57 AM EDT
Similar to Wackenhut that is not good. Appreciate the input guys.
Top Top