Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/11/2006 9:57:21 PM EDT
Officer made traffic stopped and was rear ended.  She is current wedged between her patrol car and the violators car.  she is concious and screaming over radio.  more details later g2g

Small update lifeflight landed about to transport, she is critical right now, prayers please.

shes almost brand new too...just out of fto  

Another Short update : Bird has taken off and is enrt (if not already there by now) to Hermann ER no update on condition yet
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:08:29 PM EDT
[#1]

Prayers are sent for her and family.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:20:33 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Officer made traffic stopped and was rear ended.  She is current wedged between her patrol car and the violators car.  she is concious and screaming over radio.  more details later g2g

Small update lifeflight landed about to transport, she is critical right now, prayers please.

shes almost brand new too...just out of fto  

Prayer sent, right now.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:27:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I hope she makes it through. Best of luck.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:51:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I hope she makes it. What city?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:52:50 PM EDT
[#5]
two legs broke, possible pelvic injuries, broken forarm and wrist with tendents(sp?) showing  no other info at this time
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:53:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I hope she makes it. What city?

Harris County (Houston area)
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:55:24 PM EDT
[#7]

Prayers inbound.

Please say it wasn't a drunk that hit her.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:55:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Prayers sent.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:59:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Hang tough Officer
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:55:38 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Prayers inbound.

Please say it wasn't a drunk that hit her.

I cant say that.  it was...you should see his criminal history....all DWI

EDIT TO ADD:  His DL was suspended too.   Go figure
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:59:02 PM EDT
[#11]
***************Update****************

She is awake and "in lots of pain" but she is talking and aware of whats going on.  Her worst injury is to her hand/wrist that was trapped.  They had to cut her out from between the two cars.  Not sure on Leg or pelvic injuries at this time.  She is not out of the woods yet but I talked to my FD District Chief who said she is "critical but stable." he seems to think she will recover fully.  I may try to go to the Hostpital in the morning if they will allow visitors.  

Driver who hit her WAS **DWI**
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 12:10:36 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
***************Update****************

She is awake and "in lots of pain" but she is talking and aware of whats going on.  Her worst injury is to her hand/wrist that was trapped.  They had to cut her out from between the two cars.  Not sure on Leg or pelvic injuries at this time.  She is not out of the woods yet but I talked to my FD District Chief who said she is "critical but stable." he seems to think she will recover fully.  I may try to go to the Hostpital in the morning if they will allow visitors.  

Driver who hit her WAS **DWI**

We as a society need to start viewing DWI as socially unacceptable.  At the HS I work at it is almost a Badge of Honor to have a DWI.  Punishment needs to be swift and severe.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 12:26:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Really sorry to hear this.   Prayer's on the way.  Hoping for the best.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 12:28:02 AM EDT
[#14]
If you do get to see her, let her know we're praying for her.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 12:37:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Prayers sent.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 12:45:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Hope she comes out ok.

I knew a girl with broken pelvis, took a long time for that to heal.

Im tired of drunks hurting people. Our libtards just made a new DUI law.

Get 5 DUI's in 10 years and its a felony.

How about on your second DUI we take you out back and cut your hands off, then we know your ass will call a taxi.

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 1:06:05 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
] We as a society need to start viewing DWI as socially unacceptable.  At the HS I work at it is almost a Badge of Honor to have a DWI.  Punishment needs to be swift and severe.

Hear, hear!

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, sister.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 2:01:47 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Hope she comes out ok.

I knew a girl with broken pelvis, took a long time for that to heal.

Im tired of drunks hurting people. Our libtards just made a new DUI law.

Get 5 DUI's in 10 years and its a felony.

That is insane!  
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 2:09:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Prayers sent.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 2:13:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Prayers sent
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:49:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:13:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:20:55 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
We as a society need to start viewing DWI as socially unacceptable. At the HS I work at it is almost a Badge of Honor to have a DWI.  Punishment needs to be swift and severe.

Not according to half the numbnuts on arfcom...
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:34:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Prayers sent.

I just read in GD yesterday where some idiot thinks there should be an amnesty period between 2a-4a or something like that because noone is on the road then.

I wonder about this place sometimes
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:42:04 AM EDT
[#25]
**************update******************

She is having to have sugary.   She has 3 broken ribs, collapsed lung, hand/wrist injury, laceration on her head, and a possible tear in part of her intestin(sp?)  The last part they arnt sure about and require more tests.  That is the latest on her condition.    I am leaving work and going to bed so i wont get another update untill tonite or tomarrow.  Prayers still needed and I'll keep ya'll posted
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:54:11 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
We as a society need to start viewing DWI as socially unacceptable. At the HS I work at it is almost a Badge of Honor to have a DWI.  Punishment needs to be swift and severe.

Not according to half the numbnuts on arfcom...

Yeah, I hear you on that.  Remember that thread where the 18 year old kid called the cops on his drunk father because his father got out of hand ?  That one created quite a mess, with people saying "You shouldn't invite The Man into your life" and wonderful things like that.  Personally, I think people should have their licenses permanently revoked for DWI/DUI convictions and quit with the remedial driving program BS.  As for people not being allowed to drive ever again as a result, well, they'd better learn how to call a cab or ride the bus.  I don't understand how/why some people glorify drunkedness.  
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:04:49 AM EDT
[#27]
prayers sent for a full recovery... skin that driver alive and make an example out of him... we are far too easy on dwi's
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:21:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Citabria IM me and let me know who it is.  I might have left that agency gut after spending 8 years there it's going to stay with me forever.  
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:56:33 AM EDT
[#29]
Prayers from Sean and Family
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:11:03 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:28:58 AM EDT
[#31]
Prayers sent

3 OUI is a felony here
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:48:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Hang in there kiddo...
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:14:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Is she more or less out of the woods yet?  To me, the possible intenstine hemorrhage sounds the worst.  Keep us posted about her condition.  I hope she has a speedy recovery.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:54:32 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Is she more or less out of the woods yet?  To me, the possible intenstine hemorrhage sounds the worst.  Keep us posted about her condition.  I hope she has a speedy recovery.

I was told late yesterday that she had nothing internal messed up.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:46:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:37:00 AM EDT
[#36]
prayers inbound.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:10:18 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was told late yesterday that she had nothing internal messed up.  

Thats correct.  I called lifeflight last night and had one of the medics go to her room and doctor.  Told me no internals messed up and she is doing alot better.  She will need reconstructive sugary on her hands and she does have a partial collapsed lung w/ broken ribs.  She will come out fine physically speaking i hear.  I hope this event doesnt scare her from policing although i can see how it would.  I hope she comes back soon as possible she was pretty cool with us on nights.  thanks for the prayers guys so far things are looking up.  I am gonna go to the hostpital and visit her when she gets moved out of ICU either tomarrow or wed.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 3:22:38 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
moved out of ICU either tomarrow or wed.  

thats good news!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top