Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2006 10:14:30 PM EDT
anybody got any interesting or heroic pictures of fires they responded too?

also post pics of your departments nice red trucks!

Being firefighters most of us live, breath, and eat fire so lets see some cool pictures!

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:39:38 AM EDT
[#1]

I think this picture works better... this is of course in reference to myself.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:17:17 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
i22.photobucket.com/albums/b318/bruh44/euro013.jpg

This is me in London with a local cop in front of scotland yard.

OK Buddy, wheres the fire?

NOI
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:19:48 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
i22.photobucket.com/albums/b318/bruh44/euro013.jpg

This is me in london with a local cop infront of scotland yard.

Are you drunk? Bonus points are in the air.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:21:00 AM EDT
[#4]

(Chimney collapsed right after picture was taken)

Only one immediately available - more on the PC at home.

Story: Joe DumbAss comes home (2nd floor condo), fires up the gas-grill on his balcony, cooks
some burgers, then closes the grill lid to burn off some of the built-up goo. Forgot about it after he
was inside watching TV, goes to bed.
Couple living below them is getting ready for bed, and turns off the livingroom lights. Girlfriend wonders
what the flickering red light is on the trees outside, steps out onto her balcony and looks up. Flames
shooting off the balcony as the fire climbs the siding.
She yells at boyfriend, who throws on some shorts, runs up to JD's unit and beats on the door. JD
comes to the door, obviously just awoken, when the propane tank blows, sending the tank through
the balcony door, into the livingroom where JD had just walked through. JD hauls ass, boyfriend runs
up the steps pounding on doors to waken everybody.

I lived the next building over, (didn't have any gear w/ me naturally!), so I was making sure that
everybody was out and/or accounted for. Afterwards, I spent the next few hours walking around w/
an Indian-can, putting out spot fires from where blowing embers were drifting around the compound.

First units showed up, fire started breaking through the roof in several places, OIC decides to
surround and drown. Ended up w/ around 30 units of various size showing up from our county and
our neighbor, putting it down and protecting the exposures on the three similar sized buildings
around it.

Only 2 or 3 of 24 units in the building were still habitable when all was said and done due to fire or water
(or both) damage. Those units were not allowed to be reoccupied, and the building was totally rebuilt
eventually, this time with sprinklers.

Not sure whatever happened to JD, though I remember he had quite a list of court dates with his
name as "Defendant."
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:49:34 AM EDT
[#5]
thats a good one i will have pictures soon of some of my "big ones" but i am always a interior attack and or search and rescue guy i dont get much chance to take pictures but the local papers are sending me a bunch of us battling a few

they got pictures of my and another brother coming out of second floor after multiple floor collapse cant wait

got any pics of you FD trucks and engines?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:08:30 AM EDT
[#6]
No fire, but nobody else was posting, so I figured I'd throw something in there. And of course I was drunk, who isn't at 9:30 AM on a Tuesday. Actually I guess I didn't read the whole post.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:59:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Who get's pictures of the fire, I'm always inside getting hot and sweaty

However, here is the aftermath of a save we had.

Had 50+ MPH winds out of the Bravo side & the home owner had the garage door open & the garage to house door open & the wind turned that into a flaming clambake

The garage was going like crazy when we arrived & I was on the inital attack. Just about to enter the garage when it flashed & that was something to see

Closest hydrant was about 5 miles.

Has a full basement & sub basement, they rebuilt and are back living in the home.

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:54:10 PM EDT
[#8]
looks like a good one

not saying that i have time to take picsi am always the guy gettin sweaty doin the grunt work also  but most of the departments around here have someone that is designated to take pictures for documentation and also for fute trainings and leagal issues

so i was just wondering if others had any good ones next time i see my chief he should have all kind sof pictures for me
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:12:57 PM EDT
[#9]
here's a couple I took at a recent training burn

this one is at the base of a stairwell looking up

this one is looking in from an outside window into a bedroom, flame coming through the door way
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:05:19 PM EDT
[#10]
nice did you take them with a digi camera or a thermo camera

we just got two new kickass thermo's work really good i used one the other day for a search and rescue at a structure fire we had, thos ecameras are very handy
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:28:46 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
nice did you take them with a digi camera or a thermo camera

we just got two new kickass thermo's work really good i used one the other day for a search and rescue at a structure fire we had, thos ecameras are very handy

I just keep a cheap 35mm in a ziploc sandwich bag in my bunkers. I use it for suspicious fires, wrecks and stuff like that. I do have to replace it pretty often, but it's nice to have around.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:29:05 PM EDT
[#12]

These three of 2 story house caused by lightning

single story caused by plumbers sweating pipe in bathroom

Definitley not the big one. Those are on CD at the station. Apartment complex lost entire bldg (18 units) 8 depts involved
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:51:17 PM EDT
[#13]
wow nice, up around me we ahve some big structures but most are huge farm houses and ranches, and lots of trailor parks,

you all have a ladder truck? or just engines? we got a 110' center mount
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:34:46 PM EDT
[#14]
3 pumpers, 1 100' aireal, 2 brush trucks, 3 ambulances and a heavy rescue (to be delivered in about 3 weeks )

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:30:26 PM EDT
[#15]
What's a ladder truck Hee's my station, not pictured is the 82 Mack 1,800 gal tender. Only have 5-10 hydrants in the 1,200 square miles we cover. Had a 1,065 acre grass fire yesterday & I had IC along with a well pad fire. No pictures of them though, I need to throw a camera into the buggy when I've got command

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:40:14 PM EDT
[#16]
We have 1 dedicated engine, 1 1000g tanker (what you folks W of the Mississippi call a "tender") 1 squad, a tactical rescue unit with trailer, and 1 truck that confuses all the city FD's- it's a rescue pumper, and has everything from a 1500gpm pump w/ foam to all of our extrication gear hard mounted.

We are in the process of spec'ing a 110'  platform with CAFS to cover a proposed ethanol plant in our district.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:43:38 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

We are in the process of spec'ing a 110'  platform with CAFS to cover a proposed ethanol plant in our district.

The engine pictured above is a Darley CAFS witha 1250gpm pump and 1,000 gal of water. It can put out tons of fire using the CAFS, not to mention the hose is lighter and therefore easier on my back
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:59:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Ya CAFS is a great thing, also in some cases less damage but usualy makes a mess

ever get that foam in your mouth damn sucks
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:13:40 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I just keep a cheap 35mm in a ziploc sandwich bag in my bunkers. I use it for suspicious fires, wrecks and stuff like that.

Yep, same thing here. I just bought a multi-pack of those 'disposable' 35mm cameras, pop it in a
ziploc baggie, and drop it in a pocket. Just finished one up, so I need to get it developed.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:53:47 AM EDT
[#20]

Pic above is from a  propane explosion that my department mutual aided to on Valentines day. Explosion blew the front of the ouse across the street and knocked the house behind it a few inches off it's foundation.Occupants suffered only minor injuries and were actually stupid enough to stay in the house and search for a cat they were watching. When first responding units got there  they were able to do a quick search and get out moments before the house lit off. We got there about ten minutes later and all that was left to do was surround and drown what was left , cool off propane tanks, and keep the surrounding houses protected .
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:08:21 AM EDT
[#21]

End results of above fire
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:13:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top