Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2006 12:11:27 AM EDT
I am fairly new to this site as you can tell by the number of post.  Is it me or are there a lot of anti cop types on here.  I did not expect it from a pro gun website.

Am i wrong ?  do I need to give it more time ?  
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 12:17:12 AM EDT
[#1]
It is just that there are alot of people on here who love freedom and the liberty and rights recognized in the Constitution.

Same people believe that governments are instituted among men to secure these rights, and public servants govern by the consent of the people.

Alot of people on this board have crossed paths with cops that misuse their authority.

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:41:38 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
It is just that there are alot of people on here who love freedom and the liberty and rights recognized in the Constitution.

Same people believe that governments are instituted among men to secure these rights, and public servants govern by the consent of the people.

Alot of people on this board have crossed paths with cops that misuse their authority.

Translation:
They got caught preforming to a low ethical and moral standard and blame the police instead of taking responsibility for being jackasses.

Wait till you see one of the ever popular "What drugs do you do?" or "How many times have you been arrested/searched/ticketed? threads.  They're real eye openers and great entertainment when they start giving each other legal advice. .  Check out the three "ticket" threads now stinking up General Discussion for examples
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:47:23 AM EDT
[#3]
some people have little control over their emotions and get worked up over routines of life.  On the flip side, there also seems to be considerable respect for the law here and those who serve.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:57:15 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Translation:
They got caught preforming to a low ethical and moral standard and blame the police instead of taking responsibility for being jackasses.

Wait till you see one of the ever popular "What drugs do you do?" or "How many times have you been arrested/searched/ticketed? threads.  They're real eye openers and great entertainment when they start giving each other legal advice. .  Check out the three "ticket" threads now stinking up General Discussion for examples

Sorry Dad, or should i say Big Brother, i wasn't aware that LAW now requires us to "perform" high moral and ethical standards, whatever the hell that means...oops, there i go breaking the cuss word morality and ethical standards law.

Hope i don't get "caught".

Google some of the phrases i used in my first reply Johnny, you might find some new and interesting reading material.

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:18:14 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Translation:

Sorry Dad, or should i say Big Brother, i wasn't aware that LAW now requires us to "perform" high moral and ethical standards, whatever the hell that means...oops, there i go breaking the cuss word morality and ethical standards law.

Google some of the phrases i used in my first reply Johnny, you might find some new and interesting reading material.

Here is a perfect example of the problem.   Thanks for the visual aid.

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:32:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Wow I guess I was right.     I don't know how much I am going to post around here then.   I do get a bit worried when I read that their are guys who think they need to keep AR's in their cars for when things go bad.  

I think I am just going to stand on the sidelines and come in here to look around every now and then.  

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:30:14 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I disagree.   Most that have crossed the path have been treated fairly.  However there are those who are paranoid that their rights are being erroded and the beat cop is the guy who takes the brunt of the backlash.

The media won't tell you about all of the good work that the police are doing.  There is no uproar over all these kids(gangmembers) killing eachother. But if an officer/deputy etc shoots in the line of duty, you can expect a major outcry.

Many who post such anti police comments have no experience of their own but repeat what someone's cousin's, sister's brother had to say.   What gets lost in translation is that the guy with the original beef was tweaking out on meth and stealing from the neighbors, and wouldn't go to jail without a fight.   But few would tell you that they have a turd in the family line.

I would also bet that most cops who post here are probably bigger gun nuts than the avg poster.  

Just another rambling .02 worth of bandwidth.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:33:29 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Wow I guess I was right.     I don't know how much I am going to post around here then.   I do get a bit worried when I read that their are guys who think they need to keep AR's in their cars for when things go bad.  

I think I am just going to stand on the sidelines and come in here to look around every now and then.  

What's wrong with that?   As long as they are legal no biggy.    
They assume all civil liability if mis-used.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:05:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Not so much against cops as against the idea that I shouldn't be allowed to carry the same tools to defend myself as a cop would when they are inevitably not present.

Cops are great... how else could a state get revenue through something as stupid as breaking a law as outdated as the 55mph speed limit.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:10:07 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What's wrong with that?   As long as they are legal no biggy.    
They assume all civil liability if mis-used.

I was never bothered with folks carrying rifles in their cars.  Heck, everyone does here.  It's the guys carrying 6 rifles, 7 spare cans of ammo, 55 loaded mags per rifle, body armor, smoke grenades, and two cases of MRE's  JUST in case the zombie hordes attack on his way to Burger King that has me concerned.

The squirrel factor is a little high with those guys.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:16:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Sadly, it's always the same:

-Why do Cops get to......blah/blah/blah

-All Cops....blah/blah/blah (painting with broad brush)

-Blaming Cops for Laws (why do they get to carry...blah/blah/blah...speed limit...blah/blah/blah) Cops don't make/pass laws, period.

-Why do Cops enforce unconstitutional laws....blah/blah/blah(poster want's to shortcut and pick/choose laws they deam to be bogus & expect Cops to skip those laws....)

-Painting all/majority of Cops as "bad" or "JBTs", etc...

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:03:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Ask a cop this:

"Do you feel that law abiding citizens carrying firearms for person defense makes your job easier or more diffcult?"

"Do you speed?"

Then come back to me...
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 11:28:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Cops or anyone having any kind of problem with anything i have in my car that doesn't break the law or infringe on other's rights doesn't matter.... it is no one's business.

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:03:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Just stay in the shadows, or here in the BOTS forum.

Usually the anti LEO types stay out of here, 'cause our mods are a lot quicker on "the button" than the ones in GD. Rabid tinfoil types usually get shut down pretty quick.

I won't deny that there are assholes with badges - I've worked with several of them. But I also know that many of our "fine, upstanding citizens" have a lot more than "just a traffic ticket", and are less than sterling examples of the golden rule.

I told myself I wasn;t, but I can't resist:

The law doesn't require any of us to " 'perform' high moral and ethical standards" - it is instead a clear definition of what Society (as represented - however poorly - by our elected officials) defines as the lowest moral and ethical standards, and thus conduct that is unacceptable to the tribe as a whole.

If all of the "innocent folks who were just minding their own business" when the PoPo "infringed their rights" really were  minding their own business (the poor MF in tx who was the victim of a wrond addy no-knock comes to mind ) I'd have a lot more angst about being a part of so flawed a system.

I've had personal experience with many dozen of these "upstanding citizens", and it's amazing how often "their own business" included conducting activities viewed as illegal by the general law abiding populace... examples including DUI, drug use/sales/possession, and felony theft.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top