Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/25/2006 11:18:38 PM EDT
I got this drunk at 1700 this afternoon.  Said he had three beers while watching football and then drove to the store to get some some food.  Couldn't even stand up.  Then he says he didn't have anything to drink and he didn't drive.  (Duh, I saw you driving!!) Then he says he had two beers while watching the olympics.  Ask him for his DL, he produces a suspension notice from 2/3/06 from being arrested for DWI.  I start to do HGN and put the pen in position, give instructions and ask if he understands, and he just stares at me, repeat instructions , just stares.  Repeat instructions again, slowly and loudly, DA just stares at me.  I hook him up and have to drag him to the jeep by a wrist lock.  Says he has cancer in his bone marrow and can't walk.  He repeatedly asks what he did wrong.  "You are drunk, and you are going to jail!!"  Sit him down in back seat and he plays the "I can't get my feet in" game.  I go in the other side and tell him that things are going to get real uncomfortable for him if he doesn't get in NOW!!  So, I drag him the rest of the way in and strap him down.  He tells he didn't do anything and asks me what he did wrong.  We covered this, you are drunk and you drove a car.  You are going to jail.  By now I've got a headache from the "smell of intoxicants."  Thank goodness another officer transported him for me, I had gotten real sick of his games already.  When at the jail, he walks from the car to the jail just fine (other than the being drunk part.)  I guess being arrested cures cancer!!  He piddles around half blowing on the BAC, so he gets a refusal charge too.  Turns out he has another DWI pending out of Missouri and another conviction from 11/05.  This will be #4 in as many months...  4th here is FELONY.  What a waste of air.  
Thanks for listening, Stay Safe!!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:55:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Should I give you the same lecture I got about having compassion, being a human instead of a JBT, and how it's your choice what job you took, so you should "man up" and quit whining!?!?

Naaah... I'm not a whiner. Plus, I've BTDT myself.

Rant away... first one's on me!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:40:35 PM EDT
[#2]
4th a FELONY!!!!!!

DAMN DUDE YOUY GOT IT GOOD!!!

I arrested a knuckle female drunk driver for 6th offence DWUI and 6th offence Drivng while REVOKED!!! All are misdeamenor charges.

Now the only felony charges are for drugs!!!

I'm not too fond of those who can't figure out they've had too much.  But ya know, there isn't too many others I love throwing handcuffs on, towing away their sloppy jloppy cars and show em "the po po" is on the job.

Keep pluggen away man!!

David
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:01:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I was driving home from my girlfriends one night and this guy was really shit faced, going allover the road, driving like 15 mph, he nearly hit my truck, so I called 911 and told the dispatcher what was going on, my 20, and where we were headed.. They said they'd send a unit out there ASAP, after following this guy for like 20 minutes at like 15 MPH, and calling the dispatcher back to report a change in direction, PD never showed up and I wasn't about to follow this guy around all morning and do someone elses job, so I ran into a city ambulance and stopped them and told them and I think they reported it to PD once more... I don't know what really happened if anything, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if that guy caused an accident.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:26:33 PM EDT
[#4]
4th offense is felony here. Not that it does any good. There was an article in the paper last week about a guy who was just convicted of 8th offense. Got 20 months to 5 years plus a 15-year license revocation. The same sentence he got 2 (I think) years earlier on his 7th. And get this the still-pending-which-would've-been-his-9th DUI was dropped to get a guilty plea on the eighth.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:36:48 AM EDT
[#5]
If he does have cancer the state will have the pleasure of paying for it...well at least some of us appreciate the work you're doing doing.  Sounds like the stories my old man (retired LEO) would get:
I only had two beers
I didn't hit anyone
or
This is BS!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:11:00 AM EDT
[#6]
The last one I stopped, refused FST's and said, he believes D.U.I. investigations are illegal.    

I asked if he thought driving while impaired was illegal and he replied, "Yes".  Not his first D.U.I..  

He said, he just moved into my patrol area.  I welcomed him to town.    

What a "Dumb Ass".  

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:15:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Had one of those Friday nite, guy fell out of a COMPANY VAN, that he was driving at 2300 hours.  He told me he was hammered.  It was -30 and the guy couldnt stand so i didnt bother doing field sobriety, it was odvious he was drunk.  I said how many have you had tonite sir "too many to be driving, i am wrecked"  Wish they were all that easy.  Then at the PD he became an ass, by saying we are tricking him by taking a BAC, so I read to him the refusal sheet and finally convinced him to take the test, he was a .21...........well then I remebered he was on bail for beating up his wife, so I hauled him to county.

Well he just got his license back for OUI, and this is his 3rd offense which here is a FELONY.

All and all a good pinch.

Be Safe
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:45:04 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Had one of those Friday nite, guy fell out of a COMPANY VAN, that he was driving at 2300 hours.  He told me he was hammered.  It was -30 and the guy couldnt stand so i didnt bother doing field sobriety, it was odvious he was drunk.  I said how many have you had tonite sir "too many to be driving, i am wrecked"  Wish they were all that easy.  Then at the PD he became an ass, by saying we are tricking him by taking a BAC, so I read to him the refusal sheet and finally convinced him to take the test, he was a .21...........well then I remebered he was on bail for beating up his wife, so I hauled him to county.

Well he just got his license back for OUI, and this is his 3rd offense which here is a FELONY.

All and all a good pinch.

Be Safe

Thats funny shit falling out of the vehicle.

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:01:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Had a guy who had 5 prior felony convictions for DUI's.  He'd spend most of the last 20 years in and out of prison for DUI.  So he gets out and less then 2 months later he's stopped for DUI.  He litterally feel out of his van in a shower of empty beer bottles.  He's now doing a 10 year term for DUI.  I'm not sure what he liked more, drinking and driving or prison.

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:15:18 PM EDT
[#10]

Thats funny shit falling out of the vehicle.

You would be amazed how many stumble or fall when they try to
get out of a vehicle.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:34:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Yea I've had a few but it's nice knowing that you prevented that knuckle head from doing anything serious.  A bud of mine found a guy parked in a school parking lot late at night.  When we made contact we didn't realize his car was in gear and his foot was on the brake.  He wakes up to someone knocking on his window and takes his foot off the brake.  Now imagine two cops running along side of a car yelling at a drunk?  I get a chuckle everytime I think about it.  The guy was soo snockered he puked all over his car.  Do not pass go, do not collect $200, straight to jail.

David
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:24:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Third offense in Idaho is a felony. Any offense wih a BAC of .25 or higher is a felony. How do you like them apples?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top