Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2006 7:16:25 PM EDT
******IBTDNBM****** That means In Before The Dupe Nazis Berate Me .....seriously, sorry if this is a dupe, but I was wondering if any of you guys heard about this:

NY State senator David Paterson (D-Harlem), whom Eliot Spitzer has named as his candidate for Lieutenant Gov. (IIRC) in the next Gov. race, has drafted a bill, and is pushing hard for its adoption in NY, wherein the po-po will be REQUIRED to shoot to wound, as opposed to shoot center mass (God knows all cops are trained to shoot to kill, right??? ).  That means, that if a gun or knife-weilding maniac charges at a cop or an innocent, the cop must try to either: a) shoot the gun/knife/pipe/etc. out of his hand; b) shoot the guy in the leg...of course aiming for the outer meat of the thigh so he will not hit the perp's femoral artery; c) shoot a chandelier dangling over the perp's head, timing it to fall on the perp so as to either knock him out or encircle him and thus restrict his further movement ala something from the Scooby Doo mysteries; or finally, d) RUN!  This bill proposal includes the provision of the charge of second degree manslaughter, written and drafted especially for any NY LEO who takes a life in the course of his duties, instead of wounding him if/when possible.   Can you believe this shit????  I don't have a link to post, as a friend told me about this today.  Un-fuckin'-real.  
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:39:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Does the law apply to criminals shooting at cops too?

Is it too late to give NY back to the British?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 10:00:33 PM EDT
[#2]

Why don't they just have the police throw themselves upon the threats as they become apparent?  Toss enough armored bodies on anything ad sooner or later the threat will cease.

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:32:17 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Does the law apply to criminals shooting at cops too?

Is it too late to give NY back to the British?

I'm not sure they'd want them back
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:12:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Any idiot who believes that I’m going to shoot to kill or wound has never had someone else shooting at them.  My thoughts when some dude was shooting at me was to stop what he was doing, kill, wound it didn’t matter just stop.  Knowing how bad lead is for you I sure didn’t want him to give me any.  I also found that trying to do the splits at the same time you are acquiring a sight picture can make you shoot a little high.  My first round went high; the second punched his left eye out the back of his head.  The other two in his chest as he fell were just reactive.  I also learned that it sure is better to have an AR at 70 feet then a piece of shit 380 like he had.      

So Mr. Congressman we don't shoot to kill or wound...we shoot to STOP
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:58:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like we're in for a blue flu season in NY again.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:35:41 PM EDT
[#6]
This is ridiculous. When an officer draws his weapon it is with the itent that he might have to use deadly force. When he uses his weapon it's meant to be deadly force.  If the situation gets to the point where a weapon has to be used, it's already too late for less-lethal or non-lethal force. However, if the perp is stopped and survives, wonderful. Everyone wins. If not, oh well. The officer did the right thing.

Oh and gbatch, I'm not saying that you are trying to kill everyone you shoot at. I'm just saying that you cannot be blamed if they die.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:57:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top