Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:23:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Dupe but a few of us couldnt view the other vid source.  Pisses me off that anyone, parents or not think that fucker should be alive.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:28:50 PM EDT
[#2]
His dad doesn't believe the officer was justified putting a bullet in his son's head?  Obviously insanity runs in the family ...
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:33:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Officer let it go too far if anything.  I think he did a damn fine job.  Good shot...good kill.  Family will be wasting their money on the lawsuit because they will lose.

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:45:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice work, Trooper.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:48:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Upon further search two bags of cocaine were found in Errol Baker's pocket. Baker had been previously indicted on one count of engaging in corrupt activity, 12 counts of trafficking in cocaine, one count of illegal manufacture of drugs, one count of discharging a firearm close to a home and two counts of possessing weapons as a felon.

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:52:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Bring on the attorneys.  You can't get a much cleaner shoot.  

I'm sure his dad would have defended him had he shot the Trooper.  He was just a misunderstood youth.

Excellent Job Troop!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:59:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Trooper waited way too long. Glad he's OK.  Job well done.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:40:35 AM EDT
[#8]
.........and another one's gone, and another one's gone.  Another one bites the dust................
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:44:26 AM EDT
[#9]
good shoot, enough said.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:48:33 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
good shoot, enough said.

Yupper
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:54:55 AM EDT
[#11]
That's what he gets.  Screw that guy.  And his dad.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:03:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Looks like the trooper was defending his life to me.Lethal force was used against lethal force.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:27:45 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
That's what he gets.  Screw that guy.  And his dad.

+1
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:31:18 AM EDT
[#14]
t
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:43:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Lawsuit? what the fuck?

POS was trying to kill the cop and took a point blank shot at him and somehow missed.

open/shut/next

I have a 1st cousin who was shot with his own weapon taken by a perp during a traffic stop/pat down. Long story short, the bullet went through his upper thigh and when the perp stood over him for the end of life shot, locals rushed in screaming STOP! and the perp fled in the patrol car. Statewide manhunt caught him.

If that wasn't enough, his (my cousin) wife - a state ATFedit: ABC  agent doing counter drug operation was tackled by perp and in struggle perp pulls a gun and levels at her face.............

Her  partner shot him from a few feet away with .45 x 2. after some gurgles, he kicked it.

Moral?

Do not think it cannot happen and these animals will not shoot you..............because they will in a heartbeat.

ETA References:

Chs McClearen: read toward bottom of article as this mentions the crime the perp commits 10 years later after being freed from prison for the shooting

And his wife- D McClearen  

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:01:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Looks like the trooper struggled to subdue the suspect (with a gun) for longer than I would have. After fighting like that for a solid 45sec. you begin to get tired pretty quickly. The decision finally came to save his life by killing the perp or continue to struggle and the odds of making an arrest lessening with every second.

Good shoot all around. The family can go fuck themselves.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:06:49 PM EDT
[#17]
I live in Ohio, and am not a LEO....this was all over the news last week....for the life of me I can never understand the "My baby aint never hurt nobody..." bullshit that parents always cry about...........why is it so hard to just follow orders during a traffic stop?.....I've been pulled over in my younger days knowing full well that I had a suspended license/no insurance/contempt of court warrant, whatever, and I knew I would most likely get arrested........there is no use in running once the red & blues come on behind you....and when the officer asks who you are, why lie?.....I've had contempt warrants for not paying my fines.....the officers who have caught me for these, flat out told me, they don't know if the warrant is for traffic or murder.....but I would always comply, because I know that the officers have to deal with worse idiots than me out there on the streets....this video being proof positive of that........I hope that after whatever reviews this shooting will go through, the officer is exonerated and found to be justified in the defense of his own life.........I am no longer a punk ass kid who doesn't pay his fines.....lol....and I hope all you guys who still patrol the mean streets of America stay safe, and get home to your families every night......Thanks for doing a mostly thankless job!!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:33:01 PM EDT
[#18]
DAMN GOOD JOB!!!

And what if that "person" if I could use that term, KILLED the Trooper.....

Lemme guess, "Oh he was defending himself!"

These knuckle head people who believe that they never do anythingng wrong.  AND THE ASSHOLE IS A DAMN DRUG DEALER ON TOP OF IT ALL.  One less person our guys have to bother with arresting over and over again!

Passed the VID along to the boys....I just hope they LIVE and learn.

Thanks a bunch!
David
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:17:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Just goes to show you, terds fall out of assholes.

Good shoot.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:26:02 PM EDT
[#20]
One of the troopers I know has a different video that actually shows it all.

Glad the guy is dead and I would have shot him too.  The lawsuit will go no where.

BE SAFE
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:43:05 PM EDT
[#21]
I just echo what was said already. It's a justified shoot....period.

I have a friend that just went through this and let me tell you......it's terrible that you have to fear for your life, have to kill someone because of it........AND THEN, still have to worry about lawsuits and such. It's absolutely ridiculous!

I hope I NEVER have to do this, but I'm ready if it means me going home or not!

May God be with you Trooper and we're standing behind you!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:15:48 PM EDT
[#22]
I would like to think I wouldn't go as long as the trooper did before he used lethal force to save his own life. The Father's complaint is common. I'm always amazed at how much these parents all of the sudden have a deep caring for their child when involved in an incident such as this one. Normally these parents could care less about their children as they have never set a good example for them to follow. Thank God for the troooper and his family.  Does anyone know which agency investigated the incident? It looked like a righteous shooting to me.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:32:53 AM EDT
[#23]
The Ohio State Highway Patrol investigated it.  Washington Court House Police Department, the Fayette County Sherriff's Department and the Greenfield Police Department assited.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:17:02 PM EDT
[#24]
sounds like baker's father is as big of a piece of shit as Baker was.  We should have the right to counter sue these people into the ground.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:34:51 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
We should have the right to counter sue these people into the ground.

I agree with that 100%!!!!

We should be able to sue for Defamation of Character! Then, when we start winning some of those cases and make the families have to pay.....then they may not be so quick to try and file civil suits on things that are so blatently within the scope of the law and self defense!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:25:29 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
We should have the right to counter sue these people into the ground.

I agree with that 100%!!!!

We should be able to sue for Defamation of Character! Then, when we start winning some of those cases and make the families have to pay.....then they may not be so quick to try and file civil suits on things that are so blatently within the scope of the law and self defense!

Not to mention sueing for Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome, injuries caused, etc.  Hell, if one of these buggers puts us out of comission and we can't go to work anymore, it should be them paying my bills, not the taxpayers., if they break my jaw resisting arrest they should be footing the bill +2 million...but if we hurt a surgeons hand because he's squirming while we're applying bracelets, the department is stuffing his pockets full of green.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:54:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Looks like the low life got what he was asking for.  The liberals and the cop haters will always say the police are unjustified in any of their actions no matter what.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:15:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Family is just looking for a free meal, they think they may luck out and get a sympathetic(ie.liberal fucktard) jury to compensate them for their terrible loss. They'll have a hundred bloodsucking lawyers pounding at their door to take the case.

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:06:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Thank God it was that shit bag, and not the Trooper!!! NICE JOB!!!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 12:42:18 PM EDT
[#30]
How can all of you not see the OBVIOUS POLICE HARASSMENT in the video

--  just kidding - the piece of shit got what he deserved - good job trooper
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top