Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2006 2:06:34 PM EDT
These were sent to me today from one of my old Fugitive Task Force partners without much explaination.  What little story that I have is that the Officer was attempting the arrest of a suspect with a knife and it didn't go well.  When I get the story I will update the info.

In the mean time the pics speak for themselves.......be careful and watch the hands!

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:09:55 PM EDT
[#1]
OMG.  I hope the suspect, died.  

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:10:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Holy fucking shit
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:11:14 PM EDT
[#3]
WOW. Holy Crap! I'm glad he lived through it, and hopefully didn't suffer any nerve damage or otehr adverse problems. I also hope the b/g was taken down in a rather "friendly" manner.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:13:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn, those are some deep nasty wounds.  B/G Better have gotten killed for that, wow.  Hope he is okay.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:15:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:19:15 PM EDT
[#6]
THose pics are also RUMORED to me from a correctional facility and the vic looks more consistent with an inmate than  anything else. Esepcially with the white ass state issue looking boxers. THe background also looks strangely corrections. Saw the pics over on SigForum yesterday.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:22:43 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
No vest I take it?

Probably not, but a good sharp knive can do some real damage to kevlar .
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:23:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Good thing the guy was slashing and not stabbing!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:49:47 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
No vest I take it?

Probably not, but a good sharp knive can do some real damage to kevlar .

In a stabbing motion, I understand that most body armor will be defeated, but slashing? Seems like it would take a lot more to make it through to skin...
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:59:09 PM EDT
[#10]
OOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!

bet that hurts like a beotch
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:39:53 PM EDT
[#11]
 DAMN!!!!  never bring a knife to gun fight.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:45:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Holycrap that looks painful
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:01:06 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Holycrap that looks painful

The stomach one looks like it was actually surgically cut to inspect  the chest...
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:09:01 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
hock.gif  DAMN!!!!  never bring a knife to gun fight.  

Definently
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:46:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Oh my!!!  Did the bad guy get some high speed lead poisoning?  Please update us when you get more info on this.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:22:57 PM EDT
[#16]
My Sgt. e-mailed those to us today.  That was the first thing I looked at the beginning of shift.  

Should show leo's that knifes can kill just like guns.  Dont take any situation for granite, cuz you never know.

BE SAFE
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:38:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Regardless of who it is with the wounds it does show one thing vividly clear, getting cut with a blade sucks. I'm much more concerned with an edged weapon up close than a firearm.

If it is an LEO he clearly wasn't wearing a vest, It would take one hell of a blade to slash through multiple layers of ballistic material. Cerain blade types can puncture vests failry well but slashing, probably not.

If it's an inmate, tax saving opportunity missed.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:44:28 PM EDT
[#18]
That's a stabbing? The blade must have been frickin wide as all hell.
Man... he must have been in a bad situation to take that many cuts. That's not something you can slap a band-aid on and call it a day.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:04:59 PM EDT
[#19]
We got those emailed to us about 2 days ago.  The wounds look like typical slash wounds. You can see where the blade really bit into the victim and then get smaller as the knife-user hits his max reach with the blade.  Typical stab wounds look nothing like that.

Those oictures are proof how much damage can be brought with a blade.  That's one of the reason I always carry two knives on me at work.  I once had a supervisor ask me why I carried two.  My simple resaponse was "So I can cut a motherfucker if I have to"
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:01:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Saved for the next "why did the EVIL JBT's shoot him, he only had a knife" bashing threads.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:08:39 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
No vest I take it?

thats what I was gonna say?!

Glad he's ok!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:59:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Yep, got these in an email yesterday. No more info to add, hope he's alright.

Carry on.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:18:23 AM EDT
[#23]
damm. just damm
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:21:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Guess nobody told him what that thing attached to his hip was for...
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:59:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Hope the suspect was drawn and quartered for that

hope the officer's wounds heal quickly and not too much scaring.  I'm sure he learned a valuable lesson from that incident.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:04:19 AM EDT
[#26]
damn,

i bet the officer is pissed about the runined tat.  

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:05:29 AM EDT
[#27]
I don't know about all this talk about a knife doing serious damage to kevlar.

I haven't experimented much with the IBA, but Kevlar I cut at a job shop at my old job, we tried using a knife to cut a little strip and it bent over the serrated tips and didn't even scratch the kevlar.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:26:06 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I haven't experimented much with the IBA, but Kevlar I cut at a job shop at my old job, we tried using a knife to cut a little strip and it bent over the serrated tips and didn't even scratch the kevlar.

Huh, cause they go right through our IIIA vests whether slashing or stabbing. I'll have to ask what type of knife we used to test this.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:27:38 AM EDT
[#29]
just a scratch
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:37:50 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
just a scratch

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:58:14 PM EDT
[#31]
wow
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:02:15 PM EDT
[#32]
tag for later- hope the officer is ok- please update
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:50:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Any updates?  I have heard the guy's a fed, or he's an inmate from a state pen, and everything in between, just waiting for the definitive clarification.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:02:08 AM EDT
[#34]
I'm betting this guy is an inmate -- look at the jailhouse tat running from his right shoulder down.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:06:15 AM EDT
[#35]
I was thinking that too, the tattoo makes me think correctional facility.  Would explaun why this guy wasn't wearing a vest, which he clearly wasn't.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:11:46 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
These were sent to me today from one of my old Fugitive Task Force partners without much explaination.  What little story that I have is that the Officer was attempting the arrest of a suspect with a knife and it didn't go well.  When I get the story I will update the info.

In the mean time the pics speak for themselves.......be careful and watch the hands!

That isn't a cop. It is some guy who got cut up in a ruckus. Do some research.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:23:45 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't stop there, if you have the story then share it with us as we all want to know.  The Agent that sent me this hasn't contacted me back yet.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:41:46 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
THose pics are also RUMORED to me from a correctional facility and the vic looks more consistent with an inmate than  anything else. Esepcially with the white ass state issue looking boxers. THe background also looks strangely corrections. Saw the pics over on SigForum yesterday.

The big ass pitt bull tat would support that theory.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:43:18 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude, if you know, please share with the rest of us.  I know we'd like to get the definitive answer.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:01:39 AM EDT
[#40]
That is very gruesome, I hope the guy has recovered okay.

Quoted:

I had a single layer of kevlar given to me as a sample, and I can cut that stuff with my kids kindergarden scissors, and I could poke throught it with my Benchmade Stryker 910 with zero effort.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:23:27 PM EDT
[#41]

The Agent that sent me this hasn't contacted me back yet.

I had the original email from "the agent" who originated this from yet another, who only made reference to the awareness of the dangers of knives and nothing else.  The agent then made no reference to any story details, nor could he find them, wanted no one to call him because he had no details, and made no reference to it be an LEO in any way.  Got rumored as it circulated...go figure.

I think it is safe to assume it is an inmate.  We all get the picture and it makes for some good training.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 10:24:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top